PDA

View Full Version : St. Louis lead

hotrod1965
09-10-2009, 04:13 PM
I know someone who is looking for someone to do a shopping center in the St. Louis area. That's all I know about the project...
PM me or post here if you are in that area and I will get you the contact info...

Don M.
09-10-2009, 05:54 PM
Yes, I'm interested. PM me the info please. Thanks.

addictedtolandscaping
09-10-2009, 08:56 PM
Wish I could score something like that here in NY. I dropped the one truck off this am to get lettered, should be back tomorrow afternoon. I actually took a look at the removable graphics, the process seems easy enough, same as Dave was talking about in the other thread, except they use aluminum. Initial install really pricey, but the graphics themselves are cheap.

From there out we went cold calling, what a nightmare. The first hotel we stopped at, got completely blown off and plain old disrespected. The second one we have a large Chamber of Commerce event coming up at, so I dropped the reps name and at least the girl at the desk took down the name and contact info. The third stop was a banquet house (been there for events, nothing is done and the food is terrible) actually made it to the manager, but again, no luck, then stopped at one of the banks I deal with, spoke with the manager, he forwarded the info to the facilities manager as well as snowplowing contact info, got a lead on the snow plowing, but no lighting as far as I can tell, but I will push her when we chat tomorrow about the snow plowing. Then stopped at a local true value, no interest there, but I have done business with them for years and they will put out some fliers and such.

I got so disgusted i guess is a fair description I actually called Mike. He referred me to one of the guys in St. Louis who does 90% commercial, gonna call him tomorrow. for the first day out, my boots really taste like crap. I am thinking I need to wait a little bit until the Chamber mailer goes out, then hit them, at least with the insert we did, they will already know about us; then when we go in, maybe we will get a better reception.

David Gretzmier
09-10-2009, 10:31 PM
Holpers is a HBL installer with about 5 years experience or so. very good company fair pricing, and a funny owner. 314-629-5483 or angela@holperspest.com

David Gretzmier
09-10-2009, 10:34 PM
also- ask Mike about the Florida guys that were features in this month's HBL newsletter. they get all thier commercial jobs by cold calling. Since my salesperson idea was a total bust, I am thinking of finding out how much it would cost to do an entire telemarketing cold call to all businesses in my area.

hotrod1965
09-10-2009, 11:24 PM
I wish I could get these deals. I also got a call early this week from someone with a 50K budget.... in a different state!

Wish I could score something like that here in NY. I dropped the one truck off this am to get lettered, should be back tomorrow afternoon. I actually took a look at the removable graphics, the process seems easy enough, same as Dave was talking about in the other thread, except they use aluminum. Initial install really pricey, but the graphics themselves are cheap.

From there out we went cold calling, what a nightmare. The first hotel we stopped at, got completely blown off and plain old disrespected. The second one we have a large Chamber of Commerce event coming up at, so I dropped the reps name and at least the girl at the desk took down the name and contact info. The third stop was a banquet house (been there for events, nothing is done and the food is terrible) actually made it to the manager, but again, no luck, then stopped at one of the banks I deal with, spoke with the manager, he forwarded the info to the facilities manager as well as snowplowing contact info, got a lead on the snow plowing, but no lighting as far as I can tell, but I will push her when we chat tomorrow about the snow plowing. Then stopped at a local true value, no interest there, but I have done business with them for years and they will put out some fliers and such.

I got so disgusted i guess is a fair description I actually called Mike. He referred me to one of the guys in St. Louis who does 90% commercial, gonna call him tomorrow. for the first day out, my boots really taste like crap. I am thinking I need to wait a little bit until the Chamber mailer goes out, then hit them, at least with the insert we did, they will already know about us; then when we go in, maybe we will get a better reception.

addictedtolandscaping
09-11-2009, 06:40 AM
50K, I am definitely thinking I would travel as long as it wasn;t across the country.

Thanks Dave, I will email them and see if they would mind spending a few minutes with me on the phone. Yesterday really put a beating on me, I was totally shocked at how rude and ignorant some people are. I will not forget though, when they do call and they will, it will cost them; aggravation fee I guess would be a good summation.

Would you guys agree that I should wait until after the newsletter form the Chamber goes out and there is some exposure? There currently is no professional lighting done here, holiday lighting especially, so it is without doubt new to everyone here.

I talked to the guys at the sign company last night, one side done, tailgate done, and truck should be completed this afternoon, I will get pics of it up this weekend, got a bunch of rain coming in for today and tomorrow. My better half's son is amazing at detailing so may have him toss a coat of 3M wax on it, get it sealed and really shining. AM also thinking of the perf getting redone in the back window, the gigantic flowers on the doors are sufficient I believe for "LoiselleAssociates" and the website is on both rear fenders and on the tailgate, thinking there needs to be something there for the lighting company I am trying to start, (note: went from starting to trying to start, was really that bad yesterday.)

I did talk to them re: removable media, I like the idea, just really pricey to get initially installed. No way it is applicable to vehicles, however, box trucks, trailers, it works and will work really well.

turf hokie
09-11-2009, 11:16 AM
We are working on cracking into the large commercial market, but those jobs are closer to the city and then we bump into the BIG union electricians and sign companies. You know the ones that do Radio City Music Hall. I dont exactly have that kind of name on my resume.