PDA

View Full Version : chaser ester

teejet
09-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Who sprays zoyia lawns when you have a tank mix containing triclopyr? Around here alot of lawns are half zoyia, and the other half is cool season with tons of wild violets. I hate to put triclopyr on zoysia, it seems to damage it. I don't no what to do about it. I like an all zoysia lawn, but hate the patches of zoyia everyone seems to have.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
09-10-2009, 11:08 PM
Dow's Spotlight - fluroxypyr (sp?) Would be the next best product to use. It is labeled for use over Zoysia. I believe Lesco has a product with it in it as well-Momentum FX maybe?

DA Quality Lawn & YS
09-11-2009, 01:02 AM
FYI - Momentum FX2 has a difficult time with wild violets IMO. Not the thing to use on those.

greendoctor
09-11-2009, 02:27 AM
What rate are you applying the Chaser Ester at and under what conditions? I have no problems with 16 oz Turflon, 16 oz 6 lb ester and 8 oz Banvel on zoysia. That is a much hotter mix than Chaser Ester. However I do not spot spray. I also will not spray a lawn not on automatic irrigation or not being fertilized regularly and with the correct materials.

teejet
09-11-2009, 09:04 AM
I usually go with .7 oz three way and .7 chaser ester per K, at 2 gal per K
Or I will use 1-2 oz or Chaser per K.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
09-11-2009, 08:49 PM
FYI - Momentum FX2 has a difficult time with wild violets IMO. Not the thing to use on those.

I guess you know better than Purdue then, Huh?

Knowing you just started your fert & squirt operation this season discredit's your statement... If you spray them in the Spring or Summer, you're going to have miserable results-no matter what product you use-So anything you sprayed them with this year so far was bound to fail from the beginning....:rolleyes:

Just goes to show you have to consider the source when someone posts on here-It might be a newbie....

americanlawn
09-11-2009, 09:46 PM
We've been using Chaser ester for nearly twenty years. Mostly on Kentucky bluegrass, but also on lawns with ryegrass, fine fecue, tall fescue, zoysiagrass, buffalo garss, bermuda, and poa trivialis (rough bluegrass).

Chaser ester is the only herbicide that (often times) provides us with a 100% kill on ground ivy in one treatment (weird but true - especially if you spray creeping Charlie in the summer when temps are hot). It also seems to have much less toxicidty (tip burn) to turfgrass compared to amine 3-way herbicides when mixed with liquid fertlizers.

Our only gripe with Chaser ester is that it costs just over twice the cost of 3-way amines (which don't do jack sh$t when it comes to diffiucult weeds).

Only prob with ester is it will curl leaf tissue on sensitive plants during spring thru mid summer (tomato plants, pepper plants, peonies (weeds), and a couple others, so we are forced to stay a few feet away.

Folks who plant sensitive plants next to turfgrass should never complain about weeds. IMO

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
09-11-2009, 10:01 PM
We've been using Chaser ester for nearly twenty years. Mostly on Kentucky bluegrass, but also on lawns with ryegrass, fine fecue, tall fescue, zoysiagrass, buffalo garss, bermuda, and poa trivialis (rough bluegrass).

Chaser ester is the only herbicide that (often times) provides us with a 100% kill on ground ivy in one treatment (weird but true - especially if you spray creeping Charlie in the summer when temps are hot). It also seems to have much less toxicidty (tip burn) to turfgrass compared to amine 3-way herbicides when mixed with liquid fertlizers.

Our only gripe with Chaser ester is that it costs just over twice the cost of 3-way amines (which don't do jack sh$t when it comes to diffiucult weeds).

Only prob with ester is it will curl leaf tissue on sensitive plants during spring thru mid summer (tomato plants, pepper plants, peonies (weeds), and a couple others, so we are forced to stay a few feet away.

Folks who plant sensitive plants next to turfgrass should never complain about weeds. IMO

I agree. It is too bad it cost so much more-But it is well worth it on those difficult weeds!

RigglePLC
09-11-2009, 11:24 PM
Drive is a good product--very effective on violets.