PDA

View Full Version : ahh the joys of mowing... your gonna love this

Ramairfreak98ss
09-10-2009, 08:29 PM
So i get a call tonight, its a person whom we've had on our snow account, not this past year, but in the past one whole season.

He has called us to fix his patio, lots of problems, steps falling apart etc, but then said well the other company was going to fix it, that was march 09, still is in the same shape :/

He never has had us do his mulching, even after a quotation each year, has some other company or his lawn company come in.

So im very familar with this guy "bothering us", and i think we've billed him a total of $150.00 in that one year for snow removal.

He leaves a message claiming that "one of our guys" must have HIT his well 4" pvc pipe coming up out of the ground on HIS property.. which is close to the border of these two 1~ acre lots. Its close, but honestly, we cut a whole mower width away from this thing on his lot. I looked up photos from landscapes at the house that we "mow" next door, and within a minute, i can see exactly where hes claiming got hit and where we'd have to be with the mowers, basically ON his property mowing HIS grass lol.

What gets me the most, is that with the rain in NJ in the last couple days, or claims of heavy rainfall, ive kept most of the guys off just because theyd rather work full days, not a couple hours and then be send home, so "I Myself" was the one that mowed this property with my other two guys yesterday afternoon.

I realized this after i called our crew leader thinking that "maybe he knew" who did it or saw something.

This other company, the one that cuts the neighbors lawn each week, CALLED the customer while they were at the lawn cutting to "notify" him that this well pipe was damaged.

Now im not claiming even myself, the owner, would notice something like this or that it had to be quite extensive "obvious" damage for them to be mowing and realize that something is broken while mowing at 10mph.. I mean i never look at these things unless im trimming.

I just cant get over that the neighboring lawn company would hit something on the lawn THEY ARE CUTTING, and then blame it on us because our clients lawn was already cut, as to blame us because its obvious we were there recently :/

And of course, the "client" that contracts this other company right next door and not us for the lawn service, wants to talk to me about other landscape related things... i need not waste my time

ProTouch Groundscapes
09-10-2009, 08:42 PM
you seem to have the best luck with customers ramair, lol.

LouisianaLawnboy
09-11-2009, 01:36 AM
Keep the stories coming.

Ramairfreak98ss
09-11-2009, 11:33 AM
you seem to have the best luck with customers ramair, lol.

yep... It especially hits the nail on the head when its not even our serviced account lol.

We just had a client that we installed some hardscaped walls and edgestone around gardenbeds from last April 08, request we ADD edgestone work to a bed thats near her driveway because "we missed it" when doing the initial install lol. YEAH OK

asps4u
09-11-2009, 12:31 PM
So i get a call tonight, its a person whom we've had on our snow account, not this past year, but in the past one whole season.

He has called us to fix his patio, lots of problems, steps falling apart etc, but then said well the other company was going to fix it, that was march 09, still is in the same shape :/

He never has had us do his mulching, even after a quotation each year, has some other company or his lawn company come in.

So im very familar with this guy "bothering us", and i think we've billed him a total of $150.00 in that one year for snow removal.

He leaves a message claiming that "one of our guys" must have HIT his well 4" pvc pipe coming up out of the ground on HIS property.. which is close to the border of these two 1~ acre lots. Its close, but honestly, we cut a whole mower width away from this thing on his lot. I looked up photos from landscapes at the house that we "mow" next door, and within a minute, i can see exactly where hes claiming got hit and where we'd have to be with the mowers, basically ON his property mowing HIS grass lol.

What gets me the most, is that with the rain in NJ in the last couple days, or claims of heavy rainfall, ive kept most of the guys off just because theyd rather work full days, not a couple hours and then be send home, so "I Myself" was the one that mowed this property with my other two guys yesterday afternoon.

I realized this after i called our crew leader thinking that "maybe he knew" who did it or saw something.

This other company, the one that cuts the neighbors lawn each week, CALLED the customer while they were at the lawn cutting to "notify" him that this well pipe was damaged.

Now im not claiming even myself, the owner, would notice something like this or that it had to be quite extensive "obvious" damage for them to be mowing and realize that something is broken while mowing at 10mph.. I mean i never look at these things unless im trimming.

I just cant get over that the neighboring lawn company would hit something on the lawn THEY ARE CUTTING, and then blame it on us because our clients lawn was already cut, as to blame us because its obvious we were there recently :/

And of course, the "client" that contracts this other company right next door and not us for the lawn service, wants to talk to me about other landscape related things... i need not waste my time

yep... It especially hits the nail on the head when its not even our serviced account lol.

We just had a client that we installed some hardscaped walls and edgestone around gardenbeds from last April 08, request we ADD edgestone work to a bed thats near her driveway because "we missed it" when doing the initial install lol. YEAH OK

That's awesome!! Gotta love the idiots of the world!!:hammerhead:

Kennedy Landscaping
09-11-2009, 12:55 PM
Some people just can't be figured out lol

Ramairfreak98ss
09-14-2009, 09:59 PM
well after leaving him a message 10 minutes after he called last thursday... he hasnt called back yet

Ramairfreak98ss
09-21-2009, 02:08 AM
well after leaving him a message 10 minutes after he called last thursday... he hasnt called back yet

ok, so its BEEN A WEEK NOW...

AGAIN, by pure luck, i was out with my one other guy finishing a few lawns this past friday morning at this property... Ive only been there 3 times all year, twice in the last two weeks :dancing: I saw the damaged pipe. It was busted pretty good, looked like 3" sized chunks were busted out of it and it was ALREADY REPLACED! There was the original pipe sitting next to it and the new one installed, electric wired up and all.

So as we were nearly done, the company "PRODESIGNS" shows up. We purposely cut as far over on our property as we ever have just so i could see for myself that we wouldnt have cut over farther where we'd run into this pipe. We went nearly 3ft over and still 12" + away from this well pipe. The company "lawn mower operator" stopped right at the pipe and was on the phone, with who "guessing the homeowner".

I was going to go over and start something with them, or at least call them out that it was a pretty "cheap" stunt to blame us for it... but no, i left it alone, we're more professional than they are anyhow, ill be the bigger person, what would it have accomplished anyway?

So today, sunday afternoon, i get a 2nd call. Its the homeowner, now stating/begging that he talked to his company "joe" again which id assume is the "pro designs" owner, and said that he had a company come out to make the repair, and he was shocked that they billed him for the repair, well duh! He expects us to reimburse him in full for the repair, which im sure is in the $100s at minimum. He swears it must have been us, and that he went over and spoke to "OUR CUSTOMER" as well, one on very good status with us for all services, why? Maybe to complain about us? Find out if they saw us hit it? Im not sure why he did that. He wants me to come out personally now for some reason, maybe to try to talk face to face as to entice me to offer to pay for his companies Fu(k up? Please, this ahole hasnt used us for anything.

We've issued quotes to
1. Fix his F'd up patio steps and walkway area to his house, that pro designs didnt do themselves, but they bought all these accounts off of a company called veterans landscaping in columbus, NJ back a couple years ago. I issued a quote, then he said pro designs would come out for a free repair... its still F'd up, we got no work.
2. Quote for weeding and mulching, ours was too high so he had pro designs do it after i asked him if he wanted it done myself.
3. multiple year lawn service, since its next door to our other accounts, ive reduced the amount from $45, to $42, to $39 this year, prodesigns must be around $36 because he still uses them to cut his ~1 acre corner lot with corner sidewalk :(

This is very simple, they have NO PROFIT margin and cant afford to lose a dime for an accident such as this and probably have no insurance either. Of course they wont pay for it! Yet, we cut 3 lawns in this development, they cut 8 :/

I've searched online too, i cannot find "pro designs" name in ANY yellowpages or online resource located in yardville, NJ . Theyre trucks have full vinyl but who knows, maybe theyre not legit at all?

Im going to call the guy tomorrow, but i know its going to end in a major phone argument battle and now going to hurt our reputation with the neighbors and possible future accounts in this development.

Ramairfreak98ss
09-21-2009, 02:14 AM
This appears to be them... There cant be two companies names so similar in the same general area. Unless they have a shop in bordentown, nj, I know i see their couple trucks and all plowing equipment right off rt130 in yardville nj...

And i think the owners name is Jay, not joe, well i was close.

Should i send them an email? What would it help though? They'd claim we did it, and i'd say we were not ever involved. The only other person AT this property the day the person is claiming we hit this pipe was my site foreman... our best guy, reliable, never an accident, always makes every notation that i'd need to know about for our accounts, calls me any time of the day when he feels its justified, the most on the ball, careful person i've ever employed.... the chance that this happened while i was on the property, near where I was mowing myself is less than none. He would have had to hit it after i was finished mowing, he was already done the front yard before i was though :/

djagusch
09-21-2009, 01:43 PM
Just stop by and talk to the owner. Bring him to where you stop mowing and ask how if I mow this far do I go off by 12 ft? Say that you were personally on the site the last couple mows and did not hear or see any damage happening. Tell him it's a done deal and that you had nothing to do with it. If he disagrees with you ask him if he has any proof that you did it.

I would explain to your customer with a phone call what is going on.

Ramairfreak98ss
09-25-2009, 08:44 PM
Well after i emailed him our cut information , time/date etc for the one he claimed we hit his pipe, he calls me today, 6 days later now.

He wants Myself and the other company owner he employs to come out at the same time to meet with him so we can get the situation resolved.

Or he means, so i can kick the @#$# out of the other company's owner and/or one of us will pay the client, the other companies client, not mine.

I dont even know if i want to waste more time to call him back again. Ive told him by phone and email

1. I checked all 3 zero turns we had on the trailer that day, NONE have ANY white pvc type scuffs on the rear, sides or front of the all red ferris machines.
-this guy cant find any paint scuffs on the pvc pipe apparently though lol

2. I told him that only myself and my crew manager were at the property next door that day and that "I MYSELF" was the one mowing on the 72" machine in the general vicinity of this pipe, that is not on the property that we cut.

3. He claims his mother in law saw us out on the neighbors property after 8pm with lights on lol. My last guy signed out by 7am at the garage, we cut this property, left by 3:50pm.

I think im going to call the NJ div of consumer affairs and find out if Pro Designs of bordentown, NJ is registered or not and if they have a valid business liability insurance next....

SimonCX
09-28-2009, 08:20 PM
I think im going to call the NJ div of consumer affairs and find out if Pro Designs of bordentown, NJ is registered or not and if they have a valid business liability insurance next....[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't waste waste your time because I know for a fact they are and have been around for awhile.

Ramairfreak98ss
09-29-2009, 02:17 PM
I think im going to call the NJ div of consumer affairs and find out if Pro Designs of bordentown, NJ is registered or not and if they have a valid business liability insurance next....

I wouldn't waste waste your time because I know for a fact they are and have been around for awhile.[/QUOTE]

1 yr or 30, they probably dont have it. But your right, consumer affairs hasnt done squat with the 60 different "illegals" we sent them multiple pictures of... they dont care, but they'll gladly take our $100 a year to stay legal with their Bullsh1t certificate that we never need.

Ramairfreak98ss
09-29-2009, 02:20 PM
I sent the guy an email. We were out next to this property yesterday doing maintenance, and i still think its funny that we got blamed for hitting over a well pipe so far off the property line where we cut.

I emailed our clients neighbor... since he wants all of us to meet so he can hopefully get one of us to agree to pay for his nearly $400 pipe repair...

Well im done wasting any more time on this.