PDA

View Full Version : Very Happy with my Proslide XP

Classified
09-10-2009, 08:41 PM
I have decided to go solo for about 2 months since the season is dwindling down and all there is to do is lawn apps and mowing.

So in order to at least make the time go by faster and mowing a little more enjoyable I decided to get the proslide. I have been wanting one for awhile now but the $400 is kind of a big pill to swallow. BUT now was the time.

I got to one of my jobs where this was really gonna pay off and was dying to get rolling. All I gotta say is holy crap is the proslide awesome. It leaves lines visible from any direction and probably from outer space. The time that I saved was great and I had some fun cutting. I have had it for a week and a half and most of my jobs are commercial and I get a lot of strange looks while people sit at the intersections, LOL.

The only thing I dont like is that you cant use it on concrete or asphalt and that you cant go in reverse on it. That is a pain. But other than that, id highly recommend one if your on the fence.

I also have a few lawns where I need my 36" mower and instead of buying a whole new proslide, I just ordered a new bracket from novaes website so I can switch it back and forth since it detaches with kust one pin.

Also, I ordered the bracket yesterday and got it today in the mail and they even threw in a little trimmer line cutter that they make.

Im impressed with the build quality, customer service, and product.

Here a couple pics.

Classified
09-10-2009, 08:44 PM
here are some of the proslide on my 52" TTHP

ProTouch Groundscapes
09-10-2009, 08:47 PM
the proslides are nice, but the fact we cant run them on pavement was the deal breaker for us, especially since the pro v we run can do 8mph, we save alot of time on our commercial accounts by being able to run on our sulky.

Classified
09-10-2009, 08:50 PM
I dont have Huge commercial jobs so walking on pavement isnt a huge deal. but it would be nice to rideon it instead. My main reason for getting the prislide is at each commercial job I have to back over at least 4-5 curbs, so having to stop and chain up a sulky everytime would be far more inconvienant than walking on pavement.

kj330
09-10-2009, 09:31 PM
the pavement thing is a farce. I had one on a 48 metro for 3 years and sold the machine a year ago. with 2500 hrs on it. I never replaced anything and there was only small scrape marks on the bottom. It also was the same thickness then when it was new.We only got off of it to go backwards and onto trailer. When i got it the manufacturer gave it to me for 50.00 to prove to my local dealer that he should sell them. The machine is still going and with the original proslide.

STIHL GUY
09-11-2009, 12:39 AM
those stripe pictures look great. i saw my first proslide in person the other day when i was mowing. looks fun

unkownfl
09-11-2009, 12:42 AM
Do you break sprinkler heads with it?

Classified
09-11-2009, 02:00 AM
Do you break sprinkler heads with it?

With the exception of a few heads on one property, all the heads are along a bed or property line so i am not running over those. The few that are in the lawn arebelow the turf surface so it just glides over

Classified
09-11-2009, 02:02 AM
those stripe pictures look great. i saw my first proslide in person the other day when i was mowing. looks fun

Its a blast. I demoed a toro grandstand earlier and this sorta resembles it. Its almost more fun, lol. Id rather have the GS though.

Classified
09-12-2009, 07:09 PM
Heres another pic.

I double cut a lawn but forgot to take pics lol.

But here is one I didn't forget to photograph.

02DURAMAX
09-13-2009, 10:53 PM
Heres another pic.

I double cut a lawn but forgot to take pics lol.

But here is one I didn't forget to photograph.

Nice Lines doug!