PDA

View Full Version : Problems with fuel tank Exmark Laser ZX

KCFilley
09-10-2009, 09:38 PM
Hi,

In 02 based on recommendations from this forum's members, I bought an Exmark Laser ZX, diesel, 72" and have loved it. The closest dealer is about 50 miles so I do most of my own basic maintenance.

One of the two tanks will not switch fuel supply when the other tank runs out. Has anyone had this problem before and if so, what did you do?

I wish I could find a manual (other than the basic one that came with it).

Thanks so much.

KCFilley

I.M. Green
09-11-2009, 07:58 AM
I'm not sure about your specific issue, however try the exmark website for a manual.

Breezmister
09-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Exmark

http://www.exmark.com/

sanchezmechanic
09-13-2009, 12:49 AM
we fixed two mower whit the same problem, the first mower was fuel line pinched whit the frame, the other was the fuel selector. the best part, was cover under warranty.

first look inside the fuel tank see if everything is clean, use a miror or some other tool, check fuel line from the tank make sure its not kink, if everything is normal change selector valve.

KCFilley
09-22-2009, 09:34 AM
Thanks for your replies.

I'm going to call Exmark to see if they sell a repair manual other than just the basic oil and lube manual that comes with the machine.

Once I can figure out how to get the diesel out of the second tank (siphoning isn't as easy as it looks in the movies!) I will make sure the tank is clean, trace the lines and blow out the lines. Then I'll order a selector. The mower is fabulous but that darn selector is very hard to understand. Even the guy from Exmark had trouble with it.

Thanks again.

KCF