PDA

View Full Version : Scag Wildcat Idler spring problems

pricecuts
09-10-2009, 10:42 PM
I have a 2007 Scag Wildcat 61"advantage 27 hp Kolher 650hrs . I really like how this mower handles and mows. The problem I am having is that the idler spring on the deck has broken 4 times. It really is a pain in my rear. Dealer at first said it was just a bad spring. Then it was maybe it was dinged and started to rust . Another dealer said never seen a idler spring break and never ordered one. Another dealer said it may be the spindles . No clear answers just run around. I had a Tiger cub 54" deck with 1700hrs before the spring broke. Anyone have and suggestions. Price Cuts Lawn and Landscape.

pricecuts
09-16-2009, 08:52 PM
Is there one out there that has an idea why the spring keeps breaking? The dealers keep on guessing and Scag has responded to my e-mail yet.

Breezmister
09-16-2009, 09:20 PM
Is there one out there that has an idea why the spring keeps breaking?

A guess on my part would be that they got a bad batch of springs from their supplier, who ever or where ever they came from.

And my only suggestion would be to go to another dealer ( Exmark, Bobcat Husky, or what ever) and see if they could match their springs up with yours and try that.