PDA

View Full Version : How long to water new hydroseeded area?

Ramairfreak98ss
09-11-2009, 12:35 AM
We have a company getting hydroseeding done this month. Theyre requesting that since they have no water source for this area, they need us to bring in 500 gallons of water "daily" to irrigate the area.

I plan to setup a temporary irrigation system above ground all plumbed to a 1.25" hookup. Basically we'll hookup the tank/pump and turn it on and let it run until its empty once a day.

Its in NJ, and its rained at least once a week all year long this season, its already cooler out which is abnormal, in the 70s or lower already. Will it take over the two weeks of watering to really take and be left alone or should i push them to have us come in for 3 or 4 weeks?

Seems most say you need watering for 4 weeks after install... if this is the case, ill just push the manager to sign for a 4 week deal so its setup from the beginning.

Ramairfreak98ss
09-16-2009, 08:48 PM
anyone? >>>>>>

bigslick7878
09-16-2009, 09:56 PM
If it is hydroseeded there is no reason you need to water every day.

Every other day will be fine, plus you will likely get rain some days too.

4 weeks is ideal, but that water bill is going to be huge after a month if you have to truck it in all the time.

How is there no water available?? Details?

Dirt Boy
09-18-2009, 12:22 AM
Hydroseeding does have advantages because it will hold the moisture there better, BUT you still need to keep it moist, how are you going to determine this?
So, I'll throw out some questions:
What's your soil type? sand, clay, dirt
Sunny, shady ?
Windy?
Cool or hot?
Slope of ground?
You know best, and if it's anything like around here, it will vary day by day.
So, tell them it needs to be watched for 4 weeks, and that since you have no control over the weather, either they need to do it, or they hire you to do the watching and if that means watering every day, then so be it, and if it turns out that it requires less, then that's great.
Big thing I think is to make it a win/win. They want a green lawn, you want a green lawn and a good reputation. Trying to save a few bucks, or a few hundred, and winding up with poor results, results in everyone being unhappy.
The cost of the job is going to fade, if there's poor results, they'll probably remember that a lot longer.

Regards