PDA

View Full Version : Wright Z ZTR

d_todd_phelps
09-11-2009, 04:52 AM
Anybody use the wright zero turn mid mount mowers? I'm not coming up with any matches. It looks like there are a lot of stander users on here though.

What is the opinion on their zero turn mowers?

pugs
09-11-2009, 10:28 AM
Its a nice machine....just so many ZTR brands running around these days.

kjslawn
10-01-2009, 08:33 PM
I asked this ? before I guess no one runs them I would think they would have to be good
Wright does everything first class. I would like to demo one.

d_todd_phelps
10-02-2009, 04:43 AM
Well, I have a 2007 52" demo model with the 25 HP kawasaki engine that has been sitting at my house 2 weeks now. I can't give much of a review since I'm a newbie.

It cuts and goes real fast. I think it rated at 13 mph or something ridiculous like that. My lawn away from the house (weeds) had gotten away from me and I cut it at full speed to check this thing out. It cut most of it, but left some standing, which I guess I expected. I never realized my yard was that bumpy. I had been mowing with a Polaris Sportsman ATV and pull behind mower.

I mowed some tall weeds (mostly wild grasses) with it, and it never bogged down.

It comes with a non-adjustable suspension seat which has a couple of 'O' springs in it (think of 2 leaf springs, one of them upside down). Their is also a single spring where the the seat mount sits on top of the mower. The place to put your feet was quite bumpy, so I used a boat cushion under my feet.

I was happy with the results around the house (real grass).

I had problems mowing a small steep hill which a ditch which is dry now. The mower would slide on me when going sideways. Backing down and going up it had no problems. I assume this to be an operator skill experience problem.

I've committed to buying it.

kjslawn
10-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Thanks Man

LawnGuy73
10-03-2009, 08:58 AM
Very few people using them in my area, I know of one for sure here in the Twin Cities area. That company only uses it for spring and fall clean ups.