PDA

View Full Version : I need help with this weed

BQLC
09-11-2009, 12:41 PM
Can someone tell me what this is and what is the best way to eliminate it

also with cetipede grass turning red is this red thread fungus sorry no pictures of it but what do use for that

BQLC
09-11-2009, 12:51 PM
found out what it is (Chamberbitter (Mimosa Weed) just have not found out how to control it any help would be greatly appreciated

RAlmaroad
09-11-2009, 03:16 PM
We have those with another name..."Common Vetch". It's easily knocked out with Atrazine (.75oz) and Basagran (.40oz) mix. However, wait for a cool series of days (85 or below) You could burn your centipede. Of course, it will probably die just because you try to help it anyway.

ted putnam
09-11-2009, 11:19 PM
Whave that here as well. I didn't know the name of it but have been spraying it with metsulfuron. Hard to get it all. It's not Vetch though. It has a woody stem and grows much tighter and lower to the ground than vetch.

KES
09-12-2009, 12:18 AM
Chamver bitter use manor. It will control it without yellowing grass- if you mix it correctly.

Green Up
10-25-2009, 08:22 PM
It is Chamberbitter. I looked it up to make sure. I have allot of it here in Alabama.

jbrown5
10-27-2009, 11:51 AM
It is definitely chamberbitter, or gripeweed. We have alot of it here in B'ham. Atrazine works the best on it but corsair will do the job in warmer temps. If you have centipede turning red it is probably not red thread but just the time of year. Centipede will also develop red leaf tips when it has an iron deficiency so you may want to try some Ferromec to see if that improves the color.