PDA

View Full Version : General Marketing Questions

deitleman
09-11-2009, 07:43 PM
Looking to start part-time business in spring. Where are most landscapers going to get a logo made, lettering on truck, or even business cards? Mostly local businesses, or particular websites anyone could recommend? Lastly, what's a reasonable price for any of these things? Thanks

m&mmowing
09-11-2009, 08:52 PM
use search, but mostly free except for vinyl truck graphics, but if magnets are fine, and if you're ok with small, free too.

www.vistaprint.com
sign up, and just wait for specials, almost everything you need becomes free or discounted every week.

Dreams To Designs
09-12-2009, 08:57 AM
Just as you are a local business, you should check around and find if you can support a local print shop. The convenience can quickly outweigh any perceived cost saving on many of the internet printers.

Your logo may evolve over time, so don't fret if it's not "perfect". Get it printed, get cards and letter your vehicle to commence brand recognition. have fliers made and distribute to potential clients at least 3 times. Before the season starts, just as the season is starting and at least one more time after the season starts.

Your name, phone number and what you do are your most important assets for marketing. Use them to your advantage.

Kirk

deitleman
09-12-2009, 01:39 PM
Thanks guys, all good advice.

bohiaa
09-12-2009, 02:46 PM
use search, but mostly free except for vinyl truck graphics, but if magnets are fine, and if you're ok with small, free too.

www.vistaprint.com
sign up, and just wait for specials, almost everything you need becomes free or discounted every week.

If you use them.... read ALL the fine print. the entire Book of it...

and then expect hidden charges.... fun ad, and fun times...

If I remember right it will cost you 6 to 12 dollars a month...

But not to worrie, it will be taken right out of your account, this way you dont have to remember to send them a check EVERY MONTH

mowerbrad
09-12-2009, 04:06 PM
I looked into using vista print because of the prices but eventually decided not to. I signed up for it and always get deals on what they have but there is more to it than just the price you see. Shipping is where you really have to look at. Their standard shipping takes like 3-4 weeks to be delivered. It gets more expensive as you get faster shipping. I later decided to just go to my local staples and have them print up my stuff. Much better choice, I was able to get most of my stuff (business cards, flyers, stamps, etc) within 1 day, sometimes the same day.

I also had my logo and everything designed prior to going to get everything printed. The logo was designed by a local graphic designer.

tinman
09-12-2009, 06:49 PM
Looking to start part-time business in spring. Where are most landscapers going to get a logo made, lettering on truck, or even business cards? Mostly local businesses, or particular websites anyone could recommend? Lastly, what's a reasonable price for any of these things? Thanks
vistaprint.com for printing.... many places to get a logo just google. making a simple logo yourself is easy if you are not a perfectionist. get a website also. logo not that important at beginning but you do want all your ads to be similar.

Bryan B
09-14-2009, 08:44 PM
i used vistaprint and even though it said 3-4 weeks shipping it arrived in less than 2 i think thats a just incase kinda thing. the free deals are worth it if your not in a hurry i get 250 bus. cards for like $5-6 they say free u pay the little shipping which is well worth the 250 cards to pass out. also got some decent t-shirts for $7.50 pretty good prices and the quality was what i expected it to be.....good stuff.

BeSeenGraphics
09-15-2009, 08:42 AM
Or...you can hit up a site sponsor like myself if you want some old school quality made with new school equipment by clicking that link in my sig below. I'd be glad to help.