PDA

View Full Version : Hey all new to the site but not new to the Buisness SCAG

PennaLawn
09-11-2009, 09:50 PM
I am in the middle of rebuilding a Scag 61" Advantage Turf Tiger with just over 2300 hours on it. So far I have installed a new Kohler short block, new spindles, wheel bearings, belts, tires etc. I have gone over this machine top to bottom and have really not found anything notable with the exception of a blown motor due to a coil wire being worn thru and wiping a cylinder.

Which brings me to my question, any scag owners out there that feel the confidence to use this machine as a front line machine next season? I personally do it is a solid machine, just picking some brains and wondering what you all think? I do 19 lawns a week 1/2 to 2 acres in size ( I am a full time Fire Captain and I mow part time) Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance,
Stuart

djagusch
09-14-2009, 11:39 AM
I would run it with that many accounts no questions asked. Worse case is a hydro goes out.

PennaLawn
09-14-2009, 03:33 PM
Thanks, do you run SCAG and if so..... what do you expext there life to be, my Turf Tiger is in really good shape and well maintained, I have had guys tell me 5000 hours? ( with engine changes and major work in there)? Sound right to you?

djagusch
09-14-2009, 04:49 PM
Thanks, do you run SCAG and if so..... what do you expext there life to be, my Turf Tiger is in really good shape and well maintained, I have had guys tell me 5000 hours? ( with engine changes and major work in there)? Sound right to you?

I got over 2K on my 2002. Just replaced the engine because it was using to much oil. Most people get a new one just because they want something new.

PennaLawn
09-15-2009, 12:19 AM
Got ya Thanks!