PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Ultracut Series 4 vs. Series 6

cbagley
09-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Does anybody out there know the difference between these two decks. I see exmark is offering both in the new Next Z line and I haven't been able to find any pics of the decks to see what the differences are.

lutzeier
09-11-2009, 09:30 PM
The 4 series has the standard Ultra cut spindles, the 6 series has the larger and heavier duty Triton spindles, other than that they're the same. Baffles, depth, gauge, thickness, design, etc are the same.

timber132007
09-11-2009, 09:33 PM
I think the only difference between the two is the spindles. The Series 6 has the Triton spindles that are virtually bulletproof and the Series 4 does not.

cbagley
09-11-2009, 10:20 PM
The 4 series has the standard Ultra cut spindles, the 6 series has the larger and heavier duty Triton spindles, other than that they're the same. Baffles, depth, gauge, thickness, design, etc are the same.

Exmark describes the series 6 as a mix of the triton and series 4. I can't imagine the spindles are the only contributing aspect from the triton, but maybe so. If that is so, then sounds like its a series 4. Really doesn't sound like a new deck to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

johnslandscaping
09-11-2009, 11:24 PM
I was told the only difference is the spindles.

djflats
09-12-2009, 12:21 AM
The Series 4 is on the Advantage Series and the Series 6 is on the Next Lazer Z. I know there are some other differences in the 2 models(A/S and Z)like the caster tires are a little bigger on the Lazer Z and the black fender trim on the Lazer Z, but what are the other main differences. I know my A/S 60" w/ 25 HP Kohler has 12cc pumps I think. I use a Next Lazer Z at work, 60" w/ 29 HP Kawasaki and I think it has 16cc pumps. The A/S has the chains on the floating deck and the Lazer Z doesn't. Any other significant differences? I'm just asking...I'm not real "keen" on the mechanical aspects of mowers. Thanks.
I didn't mean to change the subject here, just curious though.