PDA

View Full Version : No Flat Tires

FastMan
09-12-2009, 03:28 AM
The front ZTR's I'm talkin. What are you guys experience and feelings about them?

retrodog
09-12-2009, 03:56 AM
The front ZTR's I'm talkin. What are you guys experience and feelings about them?

I hate them, I put them on my 31hp 60", and ended up throwing them away. They ride rough, chunk off, and it made me think of the Flinstones with the big rocks on their cars. I just put purple goo in my air tires, and no issues yet. Wouldn't recommend them to anyone unless you have a heavy diesel unit, you almost have to have them.

Nosmo
09-12-2009, 04:44 AM
Some people put Slime in the tires when the mower is brand new to avoid flats. I use Slime if I get a flat. I did get a puncture in the right front caster wheel a couple months ago and I put Slime in that tire and it is still holding air.

Nosmo

Sorry but I just realized this thread is about airless front tires.

grassman177
09-13-2009, 12:09 AM
we have them on our kubotas and lov ethem as front tire flats were a real problem in the past. we also have them on our standers and it is alove hate relationship there. for such a small mahcine it really makes it rough ridin, but the flats/popping the bead problems are now a thing of th epast and that is a huge plus as the guys would pop the bead on those all the time.

topsites
09-13-2009, 02:00 AM
The real question is, what are you going to do when a truck tire goes flat?
Sit on the side of the road changing it? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

No! :nono:

Enough of the comedy.

The correct answer is:
Learn to carry a tubeless tire repair kit along at all times, with tools such as T-handles and glue and radial tire plugs
and tube patches and a spare tube or two, don't forget a valve tool and some valve stems, oh a 12v compressor.

Once you do it a few times a flat takes all of 2 minutes to fix (well except sidewall punctures, gotta love those).

dKoester
09-13-2009, 02:13 AM
Do you got side bins on your truck? :weightlifter::waving:

Nosmo
09-13-2009, 05:57 AM
A 12 volt air compressor is a good item to carry around in the truck . I have one I keep in mine 24/7. I quit smoking 10 years ago and my cigarette lighter socket has since burned out.

A good conversion to that lighter plug adapter is putting alligator clips on the connections. You never know when that little compressor is going to come in handy. Last winter one of my coffee drinking friends had a tire which had gone down while we were inside. That compressor got his tire back up and he made it to a tire repair shop.

Nosmo

grassman177
09-13-2009, 09:25 AM
The real question is, what are you going to do when a truck tire goes flat?
Sit on the side of the road changing it? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

No! :nono:

Enough of the comedy.

The correct answer is:
Learn to carry a tubeless tire repair kit along at all times, with tools such as T-handles and glue and radial tire plugs
and tube patches and a spare tube or two, don't forget a valve tool and some valve stems, oh a 12v compressor.

Once you do it a few times a flat takes all of 2 minutes to fix (well except sidewall punctures, gotta love those).

every truck we have has all of the aobve, could not do it without

MikeKle
09-13-2009, 10:09 AM
I dont know about any of you, but I have so much trouble with the front caster tries on my WBs going flat! I thought these were maintenance free? Ive tried slime and bead sealant and they still go flat quickly, so most of the time I just let it go because there is not that much weight on the front of a WB anyway. Anotherr option instead of no flat tires is to have the tires filled with foam. They remain soft but can not go flat, but it is fairly expensive and they have to dry for 2 months so it would have to be done in winter. They wanted $450. to do 3 WBS (12 tires).

Mike Blevins
09-13-2009, 10:56 AM
I ran regular air tires on my first mower. I had a few flats that year due to knocking them off of the bead against curbs and a coupl of nails etc. I have flat free tires on the mower I use now (2 years) and have had excellent service. They have held up great, with no puncture marks or "chipped" edges whatsoever. To me its just another thing that you don't have to worry about when your out working.

grass_cuttin_fool
09-13-2009, 11:32 AM
My wildcat came standard with them and I love them....no problems with them.....going to switch my tiger cub over to them this winter.....also have a run flat on my velke on the walk behind....rides a little stiffer but no hassle of having a flat is worth it