PDA

View Full Version : Whos the guy that has that freightliner setup??

Rivervalleylawns
09-12-2009, 01:56 PM
I currently just bought in to a nursery and already have my landscape and maintenance company built up pretty well. I was trying to show my girlfriend the guy that has that white freightline (mini big rig) with the huge flatbed with tractors and mowers on it. His default pic has all that and its on a pasture or something. It would be really nice if you guys could let me know his name. I always see him on posts but could not find anything with him on it. I have the Kubota 35hp front loader (putting a backhoe on it next season) and was looking at trucks that could easily tow it. Thanks

ecko
09-12-2009, 03:44 PM
Is this who you're looking for?

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=260173

Rivervalleylawns
09-12-2009, 03:44 PM
bump i know you guys know who im talking about. I would say he has one of the nicest rigs on here.

igotdiesel2
09-12-2009, 09:43 PM
Look at this thread. He has some liners in there but they are black and BADAZZ!
Equipment photos (http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=37810) -Jason

Cuttinitclose
09-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Is this who you're looking for?

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=260173

Id say so. You and him posted at exactly the sametime so maybe he didnt see yours.

topsites
09-12-2009, 10:47 PM
Get the Freightliner Cascadia

MikeKle
09-13-2009, 12:05 AM
Theres a guy around here that uses a new freightliner FL70 with a huge flatbed as his mowing rig, and all he carries is one turf tracer!!! It looks funny with that big of a truck hauling one mower!! I kinda like the FL50, it has the CAT engine, allison auto, and 19.5" wheels and tires. and they are really not that expensive, much cheaper than any one ton truck? The big plus is the engine will get near 500,000 miles before any major engine work is needed, just like a big rig. If properly cared for one could last a lifetime as a mowing rig. The FL50 will more than likely be my next rig. the only drawback is no 4x4 available, but with that big of a truck, I dont think youd even need it?

Hawg City Lawns
09-13-2009, 02:40 AM
freightliner...haha

ghuffman3
09-13-2009, 08:45 AM
Hecho in Mexico. Buy American if you can.

MikeKle
09-13-2009, 10:15 AM
freightliner is american...right?

SNAPPER MAN
09-13-2009, 10:49 AM
Hecho in Mexico. Buy American if you can.
Most GM cars are hecho en Mexico. If they arn't built there they are assembled there.

FIRESCOOBY
09-13-2009, 09:11 PM
Theres a guy around here that uses a new freightliner FL70 with a huge flatbed as his mowing rig, and all he carries is one turf tracer!!! It looks funny with that big of a truck hauling one mower!! I kinda like the FL50, it has the CAT engine, allison auto, and 19.5" wheels and tires. and they are really not that expensive, much cheaper than any one ton truck? The big plus is the engine will get near 500,000 miles before any major engine work is needed, just like a big rig. If properly cared for one could last a lifetime as a mowing rig. The FL50 will more than likely be my next rig. the only drawback is no 4x4 available, but with that big of a truck, I dont think youd even need it?

You're not gonna get 500k out of that engine, especially doing stop n go with a mowing route. That motor is most likely the Cat C7 which replaced the 3126 (C6,C7,3106, and 3126 are essentially the same). It's one of CAT's more problematic engines. Our department has/had over 50 FL's with those motors. Lot's of problems with the injection system. The most miles we've gotten before they became cost prohibitive was 175k miles. Yes, it's fire service related...but still.

I'm a huge CAT fan, but not of this motor.

Mickhippy
09-13-2009, 10:02 PM
Have a look at this rig....

Country Clipping
09-13-2009, 10:04 PM
Freightliner in Cleveland NC is only makeing 37 trucks a day, Down from 220 a day 2 years ago, Mexico is ramping up their new plant making 90 a day right now. From what I am hearing their having a lot of trouble with them right now....

JShe8918
09-14-2009, 02:30 AM
My mom has a freightliner P2 which is the same as the truck in the first thread that was posted. They are sweet. She upgraded from a F650 with the cat motor. The 650 wasn't nice and BLEW.... The freightliners are extremely nice and have a wonderful air seat. The back seat also folds flat to make a bed and all the seats are heated in cooled in most models.

topsites
09-14-2009, 02:43 AM
Have a look at this rig....

That's neat, but my whole point I was trying to make...

You see that little contraption on the back of the trailer, that 4-wheel drive looking thing with the cab?
That looks to be an Aebi Terratrac.
What I was getting at is the cost of this, that terratrac new runs well over $100,000,
it's so expensive you have to go out your way just to find a dealer LOL
Don't even want to know what a Freightliner will run you, but the Cascadia's ought to be near 1/4 million.
Might be why most of us don't have either, but hey...

Some folks here just won the lottery or how goes it? :p

But it is neat, I'll give it that.
Just...

If you got that kind of money, why cut grass?

Mickhippy
09-14-2009, 03:35 AM
That's neat, but my whole point I was trying to make...

You see that little contraption on the back of the trailer, that 4-wheel drive looking thing with the cab?
That looks to be an Aebi Terratrac.
What I was getting at is the cost of this, that terratrac new runs well over $100,000,
it's so expensive you have to go out your way just to find a dealer LOL
Don't even want to know what a Freightliner will run you, but the Cascadia's ought to be near 1/4 million.
Might be why most of us don't have either, but hey...

Some folks here just won the lottery or how goes it? :p

But it is neat, I'll give it that.
Just...

If you got that kind of money, why cut grass?

I hear ya! I saw one of those Aebi's at a green show a few years ago here. Wanted something like $120000 for it, plus the deck!
Thats the only one Ive seen in the field and I never see it any more.

My point was the truck n trailer. Its not a Freightliner but good enough to cart a tractor and a ztr around on.

To be honest, I cant believe the pick ups you lot drive around. There like $100000 for a F250 or what ever here!
http://www.drive.com.au/Search/SearchResults.aspx?m=FORD%7cF250%7c&from=9&nv=1

JShe8918
09-14-2009, 03:46 AM
A decked out P2 is over 100G too.

Rivervalleylawns
11-03-2009, 12:00 PM
The whole reason I was looking at it was for our bigger jobs. And keep in mind I said I just got into the nursery business as an add on from my current landscaping and maintenance. No doubt that is alot of money, but it is more than recoverable. I think im gonna go with a dump truck for now. Has a good tow rating and would be nice to have the dump.

ALC-GregH
11-03-2009, 12:15 PM
Owning a nursery, isn't that like biting the hand that feeds you? You competing with your customers.