PDA

View Full Version : What is your most effective form of advertising?

seolatlanta
09-12-2009, 06:42 PM
I just wanted to see where you guys were getting the most results from your advertising and marketing. I have done well before with direct marketing postcards with R.S.V.P. , but that is way too expensive for me at this point.

What is working for you guys , Google Ad Words , website , direct mail , or just word of mouth?

Is a web presence absolutely crucial in this economy?

Thanks,

borwicks
09-12-2009, 07:08 PM
We only get work by word of mouth. Has worked for 13 years and its free. Yesterday we got 2 referrals.

Lite4
09-12-2009, 07:10 PM
Ask for and receive referalls. A warm introduction is better than a cold call anyday.

Pro-Scapes
09-12-2009, 07:11 PM
word of mouth. Hands down the most effective. Yard signs can work well when permitted.

We dont have RSVP in my main service area. Post cards were so so. Networking has done more for me especially on the service side.

Light magic maker
09-12-2009, 10:28 PM
word of mouth but it takes time and is unreliable and unpredictable. Better than any type of advertising though.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
09-13-2009, 04:18 PM
Word of mouth / Referrals make up over 90% of our new business. When starting out, don't be afraid to ask your happy clients to provide you with the names and numbers of 3 prospects. It sounds a bit hard-sell, but it really does work. The people you contact will know that you must have something worthwhile or their friend would have never provided their contact info to you.

Network, Network, Network. Make every complimentary trade and small business in your market aware of who you are and what you do. Join the Chamber of Commerce, the Roatary Club, the Lions Club, volunteer to light civic projects, provide friends and family with systems at cost.

Do whatever you can to get your product and service in front of the very people who will hire you. Pictures and portfolios and websites are fine, but nothing beats the first hand experience of having a prospect walk through the environments that you create.