PDA

View Full Version : Ferris' New Deck

Travis Followell
09-12-2009, 08:18 PM
Anyone have any experience with it? There's no information on their website. How is it compared to the old one?

Travis Followell
09-13-2009, 07:36 PM
92,000 members and no one knows a thing:confused:, wow thats suprising!

In case there's some confusion I am referring to the ztr's.

tacoma200
09-13-2009, 08:43 PM
I cut some two week old low quality turf (fairly dry) and it did a very good job cutting and it has a very large discharge chute which dispersed clipping very well. The rep ask me not to take a picture of the deck at the time. They did not want to discourage present owners to hold off purchases is my guess. Seems like a good deck, rides very well, I don't think it would be a hill/slope mower. I was told they took design idea's from the Scag decks.

mjealey
09-13-2009, 09:33 PM
I don't know why he didn't want you to take a picyure of it when those decks have been on the Snapper Pros since the beginning of the year. I hvae no experience with them, just going off of what people tell me and they are very reputable. I can tell you the discharge openings on the new decks are at least 2" wider so they should be able to move a high volume of grass compared to my 08 model with the older deck. On the outside they do look exactly like the scags. The Snapper Pro dealer around here has sold almost 20 mowers with the new decks and so far people say they are much improved over the old design like mine.

Walked into a Ferris dealer 2 months ago and they had over a dozen sitting out and all of them had the new deck. Maybe for 09 all they did was put a slant on the front of the deck and add a bigger discharge area and they truely are coming out with an all new deck for next year, but this new deck has been out for a while.