PDA

View Full Version : Racial ztr comments

h0mr12
09-12-2009, 10:22 PM
I really like this site for the wealth of information in it. One just has to identify the brand loyal owners. Let's be honest, there are several brands out there that do a very good job. Don't be blinded by your bias just because your brand X is out in your shop, that doesn't mean it's the greatest thing going. Sort of reminds me of the green machines in the tractor market also. I have a Mahindra tractor and while their prices have climbed in the few short years since I purchased one, I still knew they offered more bang for the buck then paying a premium for just a name. I feel the badboys are about the same right now in the ztr world. I am not naive enough to think there are no others that are better, I am sure there is. I certainly can't find another mower that offers the same bang for the same buck though.
In the end, all I am saying is don't get bent out of shape because not everyone feels the same way about your favorite brand. There are many manufactures that build good products, not just the one you or I ride.

Kutz Lawns
09-12-2009, 11:23 PM
And don't even ask about trimming first!

FastMan
09-12-2009, 11:33 PM
Nothing a good beer summit wouldn't fix.

topsites
09-13-2009, 12:58 AM
I absolutely agree with what you said because if it's not a Toro, it ain't worth a crap.

dKoester
09-13-2009, 01:09 AM
You should always before buying equipment evaluate how much is the equipment going to cost you in overhead. Tax, repairs etc. Also the most important question, Do you really need this right now?

Richard Martin
09-13-2009, 08:29 AM
It's the same about every aspect of life and just as soon as everybody realizes this (good luck) the sooner the whole world will get along a lot better. It doesn't matter whether it's lawn mowers, cars, where you live, what you eat, how you sleep or anything else. There are billions of people in the world and each and every one of them do things differently and have their own preferences about everything.

It's just like the most rediculous question asked here at Lawnsite (IMHO). "How many lawns can you cut in a day". How can one operator even compare himself or his crew to another. It can't be done. With the myriad of choices available on equipment, the infinate variations between lawns, working habits, how high or low the grass is cut, is the grass wet or dry, what kind of gas do you use, etc... The variations are limitless.

dbear
09-13-2009, 09:56 AM

Now ya gone and opened the "Tastes great/Less filling!" argument. :laugh:

QualityLawnCare4u
09-13-2009, 10:10 AM
The best ztr is the one that has the best dealer support. Toro makes a great mower but I will NEVER own one because of the smart azz arrogant dealer here.

tacoma200
09-13-2009, 02:37 PM
"racial" ? ? Thought the post was about a different subject.

Anyway I haven't found a perfect ZTR but find certain strengths and weaknesses in each brand, model, etc.

GravelyNut
09-13-2009, 03:41 PM
The best ztr is the one that has the best dealer support. Toro makes a great mower but I will NEVER own one because of the smart azz arrogant dealer here.

Happens here too. As we don't have the room to stock Toro's ZTRs, we don't sell many. But the other dealer here who does, has driven customers off and they come to us who ask us to special order one for them. Which we do. Toro keeps a customer and we gain one.

LouisianaLawnboy
09-13-2009, 03:43 PM
I didn't really understand what you were saying. I guess I'm racial because I own all RED equipment.

fl-landscapes
09-13-2009, 04:32 PM
I didn't really understand what you were saying. I guess I'm racial because I own all RED equipment.

Think he meant to say "bias"

brucec32
09-13-2009, 05:24 PM
My advice is "stay in school, kids, study hard".

pg250
09-13-2009, 06:54 PM

Thanks, I needed that laugh :drinkup: