PDA

View Full Version : Need advice found a used scag z-cat!

S man
09-13-2009, 01:50 AM
well I have been thinking about going to scag route and was looking at the tiger cat 48" priced at $7000 plus tax. But I do miss having a smaller unit so I found a 05 z cat with 119 hrs. The guy sent me pictures and it looks brand new. He wants 3500 for it. Good buy or not? Also I do have a used toro z453 that I am not crazy about and the guy said he wanted to do a trade and give me the difference in cash.

Scagguy
09-13-2009, 10:16 AM
I owned a Z-Cat and sold it last year. They are tough as nails and are a great machine except in one area. If you mulch, expect to see some windrows. Scag offers a mulch plate for that deck but it's not a mulch kit and there is only 1 set of blades made for it. I'd offer $3000 and see what happens.

S man
09-14-2009, 06:24 PM
I owned a Z-Cat and sold it last year. They are tough as nails and are a great machine except in one area. If you mulch, expect to see some windrows. Scag offers a mulch plate for that deck but it's not a mulch kit and there is only 1 set of blades made for it. I'd offer $3000 and see what happens.
well I am not into mulching anymore and will mostly discharge with a ocdc.