PDA

View Full Version : Stick Edgers (Green Machine?)

Holloway Lawns
04-30-2002, 07:24 PM
I want a stick edger any one know if a green Machine is any good?

Thanks

KDJ
04-30-2002, 07:29 PM
They are being sold on E-BAY for 150.00 ( Good Deal )

TLS
04-30-2002, 07:51 PM
Wow,

Haven't heard "Green Machine" in quite a while. Does anybody know the real story? They went out of business in the late 80's I believe. I have an old early 80's 3000SS Green Machine string trimmer. The head gasket is blown, I couldn't get parts for it, so I let it sit. It's still around somewhere. They were really well built trimmers back then. They were quite heavy though, compared to my Echo's that I now have. Something tells me that someone bought the name, but the quality just isn't there anymore. :confused:

KDJ
04-30-2002, 08:58 PM
If you need a repair to a Green Machine see your John Deere Dealer. Green Machine is owned By John Deere and uses Mitsubishi motors on there trimmers. (same as John Deere) and
Robin and/or Mitsubishi on there stick edgers, Kaw on the Hedge Trimmers and Blowers.

All questions as far as how to obtain warranty service

Green Machine by John Deere
PO Box 7047
14401 Carowinds Blvd.
Charlotte N.C. 28241

And yes Green Machine is NO MORE But this has happened in the last year or two. Parts and service is not a issue.

digger1
04-30-2002, 09:06 PM
KDJ is correct that John Deere bought the Green Machine line several years ago. Used to run the 3000's also and were really great. Also, some of the Redmax brand parts interchange with Green Machine.
Been runnin' Echo 2400's for several years and would recommend them (2100 is too small and the 3000 is too heavy).

Holloway Lawns
04-30-2002, 09:24 PM
In 93 I used a Green Machine trimmer worked great. I did see them at our Sams club about 2 months ago do not remember the cost but have not seen them any where since. I have a Stihl 85 trimmer and it is ok just don't like the head turning counter clockwise. I want a stick edger to speed up the job and maybe even a better edge. Thanks for your responses so far.

Holloway Lawns
05-05-2002, 01:02 PM
Any one else have comments on Green Machine stick edgers? Do you think that they would last a while and have the power to perform?