PDA

View Full Version : If you are applying pesticides without a license STOP

turfman59
09-13-2009, 11:16 AM
And I know for a fact almost everyone has done it. Let me say that you will be far better off not doing it, until you get your certification. You will understand better how to apply which will put you in a better position to compete...I read a lot of posts on here where people are asking questions about application procedures...Oh maybe if they took the core manual home and read the thing from front to back they would understand that the most important thing is THE LABEL IS THE LAW....How many times have I seen people spreading fert with dimension in it when I know that the bag says use a drop spreader not a rotary spreader....Oh I didnt know that, oh really until you read the label front to back several times you will not understand the safety precautions, the time when to put it on and when not to. If you really want to be LICENSED and cannot figure out how to pass the Government requirements especially here in Michigan, let me tell you it can be done...There is an avenue I used that got me my license legaly and above the board I did not have 2 years experience and did not have even a certifications until this year. In a 2 month period I went from no license to certified and licensed let me tell you it makes you feel a whole lot better about being in the business and not having fear of people turning you in Most people want to obey the law and the Govt doesnt make this easy for just anybody to get this kind of credentials WOW that was a rant

Heidi J.
09-13-2009, 08:35 PM
So how did you get certified with out the 2 years experience? Where are you Mt. Pleasant area?

:waving:

A.T.A.K
09-13-2009, 09:58 PM
Some here have tried to help people get certified but most think it is a scam. So there are people who will help you just ask around

txgrassguy
09-14-2009, 10:11 AM
And I know for a fact almost everyone has done it.

Hey troll boy - your facts look like your ass, full of cracks and smelly too.
The next time you want to lump people into a category or erroneously stereotype them - be quiet until you know what you are talking about.
This type of disingenuous crap ought to be stricken.

FYS777
09-14-2009, 07:24 PM
I have eggs for you all.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
09-15-2009, 12:44 AM
Does everyone out there use a drop spreader for Fert+pre 1st rd like the OP stated??

turfman59
09-15-2009, 08:21 AM
Hey troll boy - your facts look like your ass, full of cracks and smelly too.
The next time you want to lump people into a category or erroneously stereotype them - be quiet until you know what you are talking about.
This type of disingenuous crap ought to be stricken.
Did you know that Alaska is going to divide in Half...I guess they want Texas to be the 3rd largest state in the Union....Disengenous I think not But if you are calling me a Troll Boy you must be from the Upper Peninsula or what is called the U.P which stands for Under Privelaged..I guess Texas is a step up for you skoal chewing rednecks...

LushGreenLawn
09-15-2009, 08:22 AM
Please link to any fert label that specifies a drop spreader instead of a rotaray spreader. I have spread alot of fert plus dimmension and have never seen this on a label. Really, fert should never be spread with a drop spreader.

turfman59
09-15-2009, 08:25 AM
Does everyone out there use a drop spreader for Fert+pre 1st rd like the OP stated??

My only question to you is did you read the label or not....How do you stay on target and not drift without using a drop spreader at some point...My only point is that some bags say you must use a drop spreader to apply therefore YOU MUST USE A DROP SPREADER....what is the argument about here...

turfman59
09-15-2009, 08:30 AM
Please link to any fert label that specifies a drop spreader instead of a rotaray spreader. I have spread alot of fert plus dimmension and have never seen this on a label. Really, fert should never be spread with a drop spreader.and why not???? because you cant do it and make money...The next time your in a Big Box store look and see for yourself how many say use a drop spreader...obviously you only use one kind it may say or may not say use a drop spreader....This is your oppurtunity to prove me wrong ( I think not ) find your own dang label then and by the way how much is a lot???

Kiril
09-15-2009, 09:33 AM
aThe next time your in a Big Box store look and see for yourself how many say use a drop spreader

I just pulled 4 labels and none of them say drop spreader only. In fact, the wording is exactly the same.

Apply this product with drop or rotary-type spreaders designed to apply granular herbicides.

http://www.martinresources.com/labels/16-8-8_with_Dimension.pdf

http://teedandbrownads.com/Step_2_Product_Labels_files/Dimension%200-0-7.pdf

http://www.lebturf.com/pdfs/L2154345.pdf

http://www.andersonsgolfproducts.com/PDF/Products/AGC22DMR5_spec.pdf

LushGreenLawn
09-15-2009, 01:50 PM
I think this guy was just looking for an argument really.

Who, besides a homeowner has the time to use a drop spreader, not to mention the fact that every square inch that is missed will show.

Drop spreaders are great for grass seed, they suck for fert imo.
Posted via Mobile Device

VARMIT COMMISSION
09-15-2009, 03:01 PM
A drop spreader would double or triple your time to spread the same area as a broadcast spreader. I can honestly say I have never seen an LCO in my neck of the woods using a drop or even transporting one. I don't even think our fertilizer suppliers even have any. At least not wasting space on the showroom floor. I guess you could patent a ride-on drop spreader that is 8 foot wide so we could put them on our permagreens and have fold up drop shoots so we could get through gates. Gosh that me giggle, twice.

Stillwater
09-15-2009, 04:56 PM
My only question to you is did you read the label or not....How do you stay on target and not drift without using a drop spreader at some point...My only point is that some bags say you must use a drop spreader to apply therefore YOU MUST USE A DROP SPREADER....what is the argument about here...

oh god, Your so FOS I soiled myself laughing........

Runner
09-15-2009, 06:33 PM
I guess I'd have to see an example of a label that says you must use a drop spreader, because in all honesty, I've never seen one before.

turfman59
09-15-2009, 10:09 PM
I guess I'd have to see an example of a label that says you must use a drop spreader, because in all honesty, I've never seen one before.

Runner
Do you know Larry Swank the head officer for the State of Michigan...In a seminar at the MNLA show this year he asked the question how many of you are using a drop spreader for pre emergent and then showed two examples of Big Box stores product that said ( use a drop spreader, and then asked the question which I am posing here.....How do you stay on target and get complete coverage....The label also says and the EPA also says there cannot be product drifting whether its a spray or a granual it cannot drift off target....End of discussion

turfman59
09-15-2009, 10:13 PM
A drop spreader would double or triple your time to spread the same area as a broadcast spreader. I can honestly say I have never seen an LCO in my neck of the woods using a drop or even transporting one. I don't even think our fertilizer suppliers even have any. At least not wasting space on the showroom floor. I guess you could patent a ride-on drop spreader that is 8 foot wide so we could put them on our permagreens and have fold up drop shoots so we could get through gates. Gosh that me giggle, twice. a field compliance officer doesnt care about your time to do anything other than comply with the law..You can argue with me all day long .I dont give a rats a55...when you get a compliance check argue your point with them....Until you have had your hand held to the fire on it , you wouldnt know what it feels like to get burned on it,...

turfman59
09-15-2009, 10:15 PM
I just pulled 4 labels and none of them say drop spreader only. In fact, the wording is exactly the same.

Apply this product with drop or rotary-type spreaders designed to apply granular herbicides.

http://www.martinresources.com/labels/16-8-8_with_Dimension.pdf

http://teedandbrownads.com/Step_2_Product_Labels_files/Dimension%200-0-7.pdf

http://www.lebturf.com/pdfs/L2154345.pdf

http://www.andersonsgolfproducts.com/PDF/Products/AGC22DMR5_spec.pdf

Did you read the part about off target and drift ???

turfman59
09-15-2009, 10:55 PM

In the andersons bag in the middle column that you didnt read it says Do Not allow the product to drift or contact ornamental shrubs vegetables or trees did you get that part of are violating other parts of the label ?

Josh.S
09-15-2009, 11:07 PM
In the andersons bag in the middle column that you didnt read it says Do Not allow the product to drift or contact ornamental shrubs vegetables or trees did you get that part of are violating other parts of the label ?

Are you ******ed or just slow? An applicator can always use the deflector shield to keep the product away from ornamental beds.

If your using your drop spreader and one granule of pre-m gets on the driveway or sidewalk you have just broken the label too.

turfman59
09-15-2009, 11:18 PM
Are you ******ed or just slow? An applicator can always use the deflector shield to keep the product away from ornamental beds.

If your using your drop spreader and one granule of pre-m gets on the driveway or sidewalk you have just broken the label too.

No I think the ****** YOU ) just help me make my point....

turfman59
09-15-2009, 11:28 PM
Now next we are going to look at the bags with 2-4-D in them and you can say it doesnt matter if the sh*t goes in the flower beds, in the storm drain and in the lake. Drift is Drift. even if it is just straight fert and it is along a curbed area the Dept of Ag can and will write a citation for it under Michigan DEQ guidelines for storm water run off...Do you disagree with only 5% of this post or all of it..because really its starting to get interesting watching people flail around in there own ignorance, about drift and where sh*t is supposed to go after it leaves your spreader.....

turfman59
09-15-2009, 11:35 PM
I guess the State of Michigan has to be a little tight on restrictions...most of you that have looked at map understand we are surrounded by water on all sides...the Buckeyes arent held to such high standards

AmGreen
09-15-2009, 11:41 PM
Good thing I'm not in Michigan, I'd come looking for a chode like you.

As for your prejudice comment about rednecks...do you have any idea where the term "redneck" came from? Please enlighten yourself before you throw words around.

LushGreenLawn
09-15-2009, 11:58 PM
Just because it says not to allow product to drift or be applied off target does not mean it is specifying a drop spreader.

If you cannot apply a granular product with a rotary spreader without getting it into flower beds, switch to a product with a higher SGN.

If you do not know what I am talking about, license or not, please stop applying pesticides yourself.

BTW, still waiting fo those labels specifying a drop spreader.

ted putnam
09-16-2009, 12:05 AM
Good thing I'm not in Michigan, I'd come looking for a chode like you.

As for your prejudice comment about rednecks...do you have any idea where the term "redneck" came from? Please enlighten yourself before you throw words around.

"chode" :laugh: That's a good one! Never heard that one before. I was actually thinking of a different word. It starts with a D and ends with an ICK. :laugh:

AmGreen
09-16-2009, 12:08 AM
yeah, basically the same thing, just a little more descriptive.

Runner
09-16-2009, 12:56 AM
Technically, some of what you say is correct. Off target direct application should be prevented. This is completely different than drift). It is required that all equipment be properly calibrated and have operating safeguards in place to avoid this. Realistically, there is always going to be some amount of this happening. It cannot be avoided; whether it be a few prills hitting a bed or sidewalk, or some specks of spray overlapping the curbline. Inadvertently hitting a non-target area is NOT against the law...as long as it is not being applied to purposely. This is NOT to be confused with sensitive areas and waterways! That is a whole different thing. This is all included in Reg. 637, which also tells us about the labels. So far, I still have not seen any labels that say no broadcast spreaders. Both the Lesco Pre-M and the Dimension labels for instance, state both.
this draws to such a fine line, that not only is it not enforceable, but I know for a fact that the field inspectors don't address this, as long as reasonable and prudent care is taken, and especially if cleanup is done afterward. By this, I mean blowing off of hard surfaces after products like this are applied - which is far more than the big green companies like tru-green or scotts does. If the MDOA was going to pursue this, believe me...this is where they would start.

SpreadNSpray
09-16-2009, 01:39 AM
"chode" :laugh: That's a good one! Never heard that one before. I was actually thinking of a different word. It starts with a D and ends with an ICK. :laugh:

Ted, Too funny:laugh: I guess someone needs to bust out the camera on a bag of Dimension.
Are you bow huntin' this year? if so good luck!

DA Quality Lawn & YS
09-16-2009, 01:42 AM
I think this guy was just looking for an argument really.

Who, besides a homeowner has the time to use a drop spreader, not to mention the fact that every square inch that is missed will show.

Drop spreaders are great for grass seed, they suck for fert imo.
Posted via Mobile Device

Agreed - I am not using a drop spreader for fert/pre 1st round. I just make sure to use my edge guard where needed.

Kiril
09-16-2009, 08:30 AM

Did you read the quoted text ..... which is contrary to what you stated?

If the "label is the law", then that means as written, not as you choose to interpret it.

Kiril
09-16-2009, 08:35 AM

You do understand why that warning is there ..... right?

Guess what, drop spreader or not, it is essentially impossible to fully comply to the letter of the law .... unless you wish to maintain the every single granule goes and stays where it was intended. You realize a single over looked granule on the hardscape and you have "broken the law" (repeated for emphasis), which in essence means you shouldn't be applying it at all .... which works for me. :clapping:

ted putnam
09-16-2009, 09:38 AM
Did you read the quoted text ..... which is contrary to what you stated?

If the "label is the law", then that means as written, not as you choose to interpret it.

Finally, The Kiril we all know and love! I was thinking the same thing. He's put his own interpretation on what he's read. I was waiting for someone to "call him out" on it. I was very surprised that you hadn't started raking him over the coals sooner than this...:laugh:

ted putnam
09-16-2009, 09:47 AM
Ted, Too funny:laugh: I guess someone needs to bust out the camera on a bag of Dimension.
Are you bow huntin' this year? if so good luck!

Yea, I've got a decent buck using a travel corridor right behind my house. He's not a "wallhanger" though. I've been waiting for the invite from Rodney to come to "God's Country" for one of those. All I need is one tree for my climber on the edge of one of those corn fields to "seal the deal".

MnLefty
09-16-2009, 10:40 AM
Now next we are going to look at the bags with 2-4-D in them and you can say it doesnt matter if the sh*t goes in the flower beds, in the storm drain and in the lake. Drift is Drift. even if it is just straight fert and it is along a curbed area the Dept of Ag can and will write a citation for it under Michigan DEQ guidelines for storm water run off...Do you disagree with only 5% of this post or all of it..because really its starting to get interesting watching people flail around in there own ignorance, about drift and where sh*t is supposed to go after it leaves your spreader.....

Turfman, you are some piece of work. An irrigation guy who quite obviously was doing apps unlicensed/illegally you come in here and accuse most of the members of lawnsite of doing things unlicensed, brag how you skirted around the system to get your license (just this year), then try to tell a group of PROFESSIONALS that they are doing it wrong, and you have it right. Go ahead and keep digging your hole deeper, and go ahead and keep using your drop spreader and wondering why your lawns look like this...
http://www.ryanpopp.com/uploads/2/4/2/4/2424233/4965631.jpg

txgrassguy
09-16-2009, 11:01 AM
I reiterate my previous comment about the trollboy plus he may well be ******ed too.
Besides which, how many true certified Applicators here actually purchase their material(s) from a box store?
The O.P. is getting righteously slammed for inflammatory comments and lack of common sense.

LushGreenLawn
09-16-2009, 02:03 PM
How did he skirt the law to get his license
Posted via Mobile Device

MarcSmith
09-16-2009, 02:15 PM
orlooking like this...

MarcSmith
09-16-2009, 02:24 PM
Runner
Do you know Larry Swank the head officer for the State of Michigan...In a seminar at the MNLA show this year he asked the question how many of you are using a drop spreader for pre emergent and then showed two examples of Big Box stores product that said ( use a drop spreader, and then asked the question which I am posing here.....How do you stay on target and get complete coverage....The label also says and the EPA also says there cannot be product drifting whether its a spray or a granual it cannot drift off target....End of discussion

You've obviously seen thee lables. so rather than being such an asshat about it, tell us the products...

But in any case. most Pro's who are Lic and insured ect, don't go to BIG BOX stores for their products. We go to places like Lesco, Lebanon Turf, ect, to get our professional products and to get professional advice when we need it.

I do agree that if you are are not a Lic PCO don't spray. get your Lic..

and if you use a drop spreader, spread 1/2 of it, in one direction, then spread the other half at 90*. This is also pretty good practice with rotary spreaders as well, but not required...

Stillwater
09-16-2009, 02:34 PM
:laugh: Asshat pretty funny stuff Marc looks like some of you guys are traveling around and takeing pictures of turfmans lawns

MnLefty
09-16-2009, 02:46 PM
How did he skirt the law to get his license
Posted via Mobile Device

...If you really want to be LICENSED and cannot figure out how to pass the Government requirements especially here in Michigan, let me tell you it can be done...There is an avenue I used that got me my license legaly and above the board I did not have 2 years experience and did not have even a certifications until this year. In a 2 month period I went from no license to certified...

According to most MI residents here MI regs require 2 years either working under a licensed applicator, or 2yrs of a licensed applicator working for you in order to get licensed, IIRC. Turfman is claiming a way around that, that he hasn't identified yet.

Edit: Unless he has hired a true certified applicator... but judging by his comments and lack of knowledge, not likely.

MarcSmith
09-16-2009, 02:49 PM
According to most MI residents here MI regs require 2 years either working under a licensed applicator, or 2yrs of a licensed applicator working for you in order to get licensed, IIRC. Turfman is claiming a way around that, that he hasn't identified yet. How about having a degree in the field? I know Florida, another touchy state thats is surrounded by water on a few sides, allows a reduction in the years needed if the applicators has a degree in hort/forestry, ect...

Runner
09-16-2009, 02:55 PM
According to most MI residents here MI regs require 2 years either working under a licensed applicator, or 2yrs of a licensed applicator working for you in order to get licensed, IIRC. Turfman is claiming a way around that, that he hasn't identified yet.

Edit: Unless he has hired a true certified applicator... but judging by his comments and lack of knowledge, not likely.

That is exACTly it.

Kiril
09-16-2009, 03:24 PM
Pesticide Applicators Exam - 1 Question, True/False

1) Follow the instructions on the product label
a) True
b) False

Thank you for taking the pesticide applicators exam.

MarcSmith
09-16-2009, 05:25 PM

a) True
b) False

Thank you for taking the pesticide applicators exam.
Nice, but sometimes you have to be able to do math as well...:)

LushGreenLawn
09-16-2009, 05:54 PM
Hiring a certified applicator would not make him certified, he said he skirted the law and got certified.

Wow, brave to post that on a public forum. You never know who is going to forward this stuff to them. They really like it when you brag about that stuff online.
Posted via Mobile Device

dKoester
09-16-2009, 07:22 PM
He's a NOOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

turfman59
09-16-2009, 08:08 PM
Hiring a certified applicator would not make him certified, he said he skirted the law and got certified.

Wow, brave to post that on a public forum. You never know who is going to forward this stuff to them. They really like it when you brag about that stuff online.
Posted via Mobile DeviceYour reading way more into the post than was there...My friend let me expand on how I did it..and I will make this as easy to follow...I never said I skirted the law, I never said there is a loop hole ( well kinda ) I am sure you dont understand the process as well as you would like to think you do...but let me go into detail..

Step 1 took the certified applicators test and passed 3a 3b and 6
which is turf grass, ornamental shrubs and R.O.W

Step 2 Did a FOIA request to the MDA for a list of all licensed and Certified applicators in the 4 counties surrounding mine, ( wow I thought there would be more than that,

Step 3 made many phone calls as to who was working still in the field and who would be the best candidate for my market and have the best knowledge

Step 4 recieved a few calls and made a few more and found a Gentleman who is retiring from MDOT sprayed roadside parks and shrubs for 20 years and was happy to sign on as my Applicator of Record.

Step 5 notarized the documents and sent them in on the fast track to lansing which I cant tell you what that favor cost me

Step 6 2 weeks later recieved my license in the mail

Time line January 6th ---March14 th

turfman59
09-16-2009, 08:14 PM
Now I hope you are satisfied with my answer,,,all you had to do was ask me nicely, instead of giving me a rash of sh*t...as for my knowledge I kind of leave it up to my compliance officer when they do our volunteer inspections. I am sure I have a very good working knowledge of the law as it is interpreted by our compliance officers..thanks for sharing your opinions though.....Like I have always said everyone is entitled to their own stupid opinion

SpreadNSpray
09-16-2009, 08:16 PM
Yea, I've got a decent buck using a travel corridor right behind my house. He's not a "wallhanger" though. I've been waiting for the invite from Rodney to come to "God's Country" for one of those. All I need is one tree for my climber on the edge of one of those corn fields to "seal the deal".

Sounds like you have it all planed out. Now all you need is the invite.

turfman59
09-16-2009, 08:21 PM

Edit: Unless he has hired a true certified applicator... but judging by his comments and lack of knowledge, not likely. You are absolutely wrong again with what you are saying about Michigan law. thats what annoys me about guys spewing what the law says....You think the State of Michigan allows people to skirt the law..I have utmost respect for the MDA. but folks let me tell you they arent going to stand on a corner and dole out licenses for guys that cant even read a label on a fert bag...If you read the law carefully there is an oppurtunity to use it to your advantage, and I didnt recognize what could be done until I actually met face to face with collegues in this business...I couldnt have got it done on this forum..sitting on my a55 posting 1655 times in two years

SpreadNSpray
09-16-2009, 08:23 PM
The label for Lebanon with Dimension:

http://www.lebturf.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=prd.product_details&pid=446

"Apply this product with drop or rotary-type spreaders designed to apply granular herbicides. Avoid the use of spreaders that would apply this product in narrow rows or concentrated bands."

The label is the law!:laugh:

turfman59
09-16-2009, 08:26 PM
Finally, The Kiril we all know and love! I was thinking the same thing. He's put his own interpretation on what he's read. I was waiting for someone to "call him out" on it. I was very surprised that you hadn't started raking him over the coals sooner than this...:laugh:If my compliance officer interprets the way I have described am I wrong. If his boss interprets the same way am I wrong.. I think not there isnt going to be some guy our there raking this guy over the coals for following the law the way it is enforced in my district....Like I said before it is up to the MDA on how they are going to see it. End of story boys

turfman59
09-16-2009, 08:30 PM
It almost reminds me of a bunch of 10th grade girls with how you guys act with your little clicks..SSSPPPP hay Jim I was waiting for you to say something and rake him over the coals because your my hero... or I wasnt confindent enough to write something educated enough for someone to understand

LushGreenLawn
09-16-2009, 08:41 PM
Now I hope you are satisfied with my answer,,,all you had to do was ask me nicely, instead of giving me a rash of sh*t...as for my knowledge I kind of leave it up to my compliance officer when they do our volunteer inspections. I am sure I have a very good working knowledge of the law as it is interpreted by our compliance officers..thanks for sharing your opinions though.....Like I have always said everyone is entitled to their own stupid opinion

Your right, I don't understand. It sounds like he signed off that you had the two years of required experience, it that not what an applicator of record is for, to vouch for your experience working directly under him?
Posted via Mobile Device

turfman59
09-16-2009, 08:45 PM
The label for Lebanon with Dimension:

http://www.lebturf.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=prd.product_details&pid=446

"Apply this product with drop or rotary-type spreaders designed to apply granular herbicides. Avoid the use of spreaders that would apply this product in narrow rows or concentrated bands."

The label is the law!:laugh: My point agin is drift and how I am held to strict standards as far as drift managment...that means out of the beds out of the streets out of the storm drains....I see what they are talking about when they show pics of who and why they wrote someone up for doing just that spreading dimension in the street and in the storm drain..that is called off - target....are you getting it yet

turfman59
09-16-2009, 08:51 PM
I think when you read what you just posted it is saying combining these two types of spreaders is an acceptable way to spread product...the drop spreader is our way of eliminating any type of off target applications...Yeah I will use a rotary out in the middle of a 30k sq ft lawn but we use a drop spreader for tight landscaped areas all the time..Yes we have a deflector but it still will travel beyond the target.. so either grab your back pack blower and hope you can get it back on the lawn or take a little extra time and trim it in with a drop spreader which we carry both to show we are managing drift..

turfman59
09-16-2009, 08:57 PM
Your right, I don't understand. It sounds like he signed off that you had the two years of required experience, it that not what an applicator of record is for, to vouch for your experience working directly under him?
Posted via Mobile Device

You do not need two years experience to spray pesticides...You need a certification....My applicator of record is the person I explained a couple of posts ago with 20 years experience...He is how I got the license... he works for my company and my company is licensed....the state granted the license on his experience levels and my liability insurance of 2 million,,,the state allows me to spray because of my certification...Do you get it know?

turfman59
09-16-2009, 09:05 PM

a) True
b) False

Thank you for taking the pesticide applicators exam.9000 posts in a little over 2 years what do you do in your spare time play nintendo? do you even like girls, there is counciling for people who are addicted to internet chat rooms it called grow up and get a life

turfman07
09-16-2009, 09:22 PM
9000 posts in a little over 2 years what do you do in your spare time play nintendo? do you even like girls, there is counciling for people who are addicted to internet chat rooms it called grow up and get a life

LOL! thats funny!! :laugh:

Stillwater
09-16-2009, 09:31 PM
Everybody with any self respect should just stop arguing with this clown and go to your control panel and click on ignore list and type his user name in the add box. Then go to thread tools and click unsubscribe.

LushGreenLawn
09-16-2009, 10:32 PM
You do not need two years experience to spray pesticides...You need a certification....My applicator of record is the person I explained a couple of posts ago with 20 years experience...He is how I got the license... he works for my company and my company is licensed....the state granted the license on his experience levels and my liability insurance of 2 million,,,the state allows me to spray because of my certification...Do you get it know?

Oh, I see. Some states require two years of experience. I thoght that was what was being referred to by another poster when he said you "skirted the law".

There is nothing wrong with that. Companies hire certified applicators all the time and use them to get a pesticide business license. My mistake.

Please note that I still think your an idiot, who should not be anywhere near pesticides, but I did want to point out my mistake. When I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

Good Day.

turfman59
09-17-2009, 08:07 AM
Oh, I see. Some states require two years of experience. I thoght that was what was being referred to by another poster when he said you "skirted the law".

There is nothing wrong with that. Companies hire certified applicators all the time and use them to get a pesticide business license. My mistake.

Please note that I still think your an idiot, who should not be anywhere near pesticides, but I did want to point out my mistake. When I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

Good Day.

and you are entitled to your own stupid opinions Jerk

turfman59
09-17-2009, 08:09 AM
Everybody with any self respect should just stop arguing with this clown and go to your control panel and click on ignore list and type his user name in the add box. Then go to thread tools and click unsubscribe.

And then go bang your High chair cry baby

Kiril
09-17-2009, 09:16 AM
9000 posts in a little over 2 years what do you do in your spare time play nintendo? do you even like girls, there is counciling for people who are addicted to internet chat rooms it called grow up and get a life

What .... you didn't like my example test? :laugh:

How old are you ............ 9?

FYI, this is an internet forum, not a chat room .... and I am far from being addicted to it. Now if you were to say that to boots ....

MnLefty
09-17-2009, 09:16 AM
Your reading way more into the post than was there...My friend let me expand on how I did it..and I will make this as easy to follow...I never said I skirted the law, I never said there is a loop hole ( well kinda ) I am sure you dont understand the process as well as you would like to think you do...but let me go into detail..

Step 1 took the certified applicators test and passed 3a 3b and 6
which is turf grass, ornamental shrubs and R.O.W

Step 2 Did a FOIA request to the MDA for a list of all licensed and Certified applicators in the 4 counties surrounding mine, ( wow I thought there would be more than that,

Step 3 made many phone calls as to who was working still in the field and who would be the best candidate for my market and have the best knowledge

Step 4 recieved a few calls and made a few more and found a Gentleman who is retiring from MDOT sprayed roadside parks and shrubs for 20 years and was happy to sign on as my Applicator of Record.

Step 5 notarized the documents and sent them in on the fast track to lansing which I cant tell you what that favor cost me

Step 6 2 weeks later recieved my license in the mail

Time line January 6th ---March14 th

Now the real question is does this guy actually "work" for you, are you actually learning anything from him, or do you just pay him for his signature? If he actually is working for you, then good for you to be above board doing it the right way. If your paying him for his signature, congratulations you found a loophole to BUY your certification... If that's the case I hope he's getting paid very well, I know I would need big $$ to blindly sign my name to somebody elses application records.

ALC-GregH
09-17-2009, 11:12 AM
Now the real question is does this guy actually "work" for you, are you actually learning anything from him, or do you just pay him for his signature? If he actually is working for you, then good for you to be above board doing it the right way. If your paying him for his signature, congratulations you found a loophole to BUY your certification... If that's the case I hope he's getting paid very well, I know I would need big $$ to blindly sign my name to somebody elses application records.

it sure seems like that to me. Step 5) buy my way in..... did you spit or swallow? LOL

ted putnam
09-17-2009, 11:15 AM
It almost reminds me of a bunch of 10th grade girls with how you guys act with your little clicks..SSSPPPP hay Jim I was waiting for you to say something and rake him over the coals because your my hero... or I wasnt confindent enough to write something educated enough for someone to understand

:laugh::laugh: HERO!:laugh::laugh:
Dude!, Kiril is not my hero by any stretch...( If you'd been around here any length of time you'd know that) He does however know his stuff...in fine detail! He also happens to have more information at his fingertips on just about any subject you care to bring up than any other person here. I've got an analogy for you here. Follow me if you can... You ever see films where the Killer Whale is playing with the Seal, throwing it in the air but not actually making a snack of it until it becomes bored??? Normally, that's what Kiril would be doing with you right now.

ted putnam
09-17-2009, 11:26 AM
:laugh::laugh: HERO!:laugh::laugh:
Dude!, Kiril is not my hero by any stretch...( If you'd been around here any length of time you'd know that) He does however know his stuff...in fine detail! He also happens to have more information at his fingertips on just about any subject you care to bring up than any other person here. I've got an analogy for you here. Follow me if you can... You ever see films where the Killer Whale is playing with the Seal, throwing it in the air but not actually making a snack of it until it becomes bored??? Normally, that's what Kiril would be doing with you right now.

HERO----NO. Good source of cheap entertainment when it comes to ripping clowns like you to shreds-----YES :laugh::laugh:

ted putnam
09-17-2009, 11:28 AM
it sure seems like that to me. Step 5) buy my way in..... did you spit or swallow? LOL

Kneepads probably fit into his definition of PPE....

Kiril
09-17-2009, 12:15 PM
Kiril is not my hero by any stretch...

Come on Ted, you LUV me. :laugh:

Normally, that's what Kiril would be doing with you right now.

Too busy .... plus I got my hand slapped by MD due to non-stop debates with boots in the irrigation forum.

Stillwater
09-17-2009, 12:24 PM
Come on Ted, you LUV me. :laugh:

Too busy .... plus I got my hand slapped by MD due to non-stop debates with boots in the irrigation forum.

Those debates were great reading!

Kiril
09-17-2009, 12:29 PM
I will point out that if turfman were on top of his game he would know the difference between banding and dropping .... but since he didn't point out SpreadNSpray's "misinterpretation" of the label, then I guess we all know how he passed his test .... cram ... 2 days later ... forget everything.