PDA

View Full Version : Found a $100 bill while mowing today.....

DA Quality Lawn & YS
09-13-2009, 09:33 PM
.....but unfortunately, was tucked in a sleeve which I mowed over, along with the bill. Spend 20 minutes picking up the pieces - hope to put Humpty Dumpty back together again!

Just when I thought this drought was going to kill biz for Sept, a little luck comes along:)

Mickhippy
09-13-2009, 09:48 PM
4 hours putting pieces back together = $25/hr

Lowballer! lol Jokin

Good for you!

All I ever find is dog poo and rocks!

rusty_keg_3
09-13-2009, 09:51 PM
4 hours putting pieces back together = $25/hr

Lowballer! lol Jokin

Good for you!

All I ever find is dog poo and rocks!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Nice find, congrats!

grandview (2006)
09-13-2009, 09:54 PM
Send the pieces to the Treasury dept they will give you a new if you have 51% of the pieces.

MOturkey
09-13-2009, 09:56 PM
Send the pieces to the Treasury dept they will give you a new if you have 51% of the pieces.

Any bank will do the same. Was the sleeve still attached to the arm? :rolleyes:

LouisianaLawnboy
09-14-2009, 12:31 AM

What if I cut up 3 hundred dollar bills 3 times, that would give me 4 sets of 51 percebt or greater.
Posted via Mobile Device

ALC-GregH
09-14-2009, 12:39 AM
What if I cut up 3 hundred dollar bills 3 times, that would give me 4 sets of 51 percebt or greater.
Posted via Mobile Device

try it and let us know if it works.

LouisianaLawnboy
09-14-2009, 12:45 AM
try it and let us know if it works.

Hahaha. I'm pretty sure they take down the serial number of the bill.
Posted via Mobile Device

corey4671
09-14-2009, 12:55 AM
let that be a lesson to you to stop and pick up trash and not run over it

tacoma200
09-14-2009, 01:05 AM
My helper brought me a 100 dollar bill last week and asked me what my policy was about finding money while on the job. I was shocked by his honesty. I told him my policy was to put it in your pocket. Found on a busy right of way, good for him. A $20 is the most I ever found.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tharrell
09-14-2009, 08:03 AM
I did the same on a fiver one time. Just take it to a bank and they will give you a new one. Tony
BTW=I do a ton of convenience stores and one side benefit is the spring winds blow the trash off the properties and I always find money, always.

MarcSmith
09-14-2009, 08:51 AM
found money always went towards the lunch fund...
nice find

one of my employees ran over his wallet/checkbook. what a mess...

DA Quality Lawn & YS
09-14-2009, 10:49 AM
let that be a lesson to you to stop and pick up trash and not run over it

I understand what you are saying, I do pick up anything significant but this was in such a tiny sleeve it was like running over a cigbutt. Then, out comes that bill in pieces.....

mowerbrad
09-14-2009, 10:58 AM
I think I need to come where you guys mow, I never find money while mowing here.

I've only found an Ipod while mowing and it was the customer's kid's Ipod, so I couldn't keep it. It was just after halloween so I thought someone lost it and I could keep it, but nope. I actually ran it over cause it was covered in leaves but it luckily was too heavy to be picked up.

Nice find with the hundred. Hope you get a new one from the bank.

TuffWork
09-14-2009, 12:32 PM
Last year I found couple of cool things. An Ipod shuffle that wasn't my customers. It was baby blue but I still used it. Lots of tools in alleys. Sometimes rusty but a hammer still works when it's rusty. I found a pocket rocket (tiny motorcycle) next to a dumpster. Spent about 3 hours on it and had it running. Thing was really fun. Went almost 40 mph.

93Chevy
09-14-2009, 01:11 PM
Most I ever found was a $20.

Sweet deal.

starry night
09-14-2009, 01:17 PM
I like to have fun with new hires. I tell them one of the percs is that they get to keep HALF of any money they find. They always take me seriously.

Also, as far as pieces of paper money goes, you must have a piece with the serial number. This would preclude tearing up bills into smaller pieces and collecting on all.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
09-14-2009, 07:58 PM
FYI - I went to the bank with the $100 bill, taped together by myself:)
They said as long as you have 50% of the bill, they can exchange for a new one. I actually took 5 twenties instead - was not questioned about this one bit.

Mickhippy
09-14-2009, 08:02 PM
FYI - I went to the bank with the $100 bill, taped together by myself:)
They said as long as you have 50% of the bill, they can exchange for a new one. I actually took 5 twenties instead - was not questioned about this one bit.

Did you feel calm after sticking it together? Would of been very therapeutic!
Ommmmmmm Ommmmmmm :sleeping:

Marcos
09-14-2009, 08:31 PM
Most I ever found was a $20.

Sweet deal.

A number of years ago I found $285 in assorted bills clipped together in a money clip, a really, really nice silver-plated money clip, with initials "K.H.D." engraved very nicely into it.

This was before the days of the Internet, probably early to mid 1980s, so I put up a few posters at a couple local churches and grocery stores indicating that a money clip with initials had been found. If someone could call & identify the 3 initials as well as indicate the approximate total amount of currency within the clip, I would gladly return it to them.
I remember getting a number of calls on the answering machine from people telling me they "lost money", some people said they lost certain amounts, like $100, $150. But I recall NOBODY coming up with any initials!

About a year later I donated the money to a charity, (and yes, I took a deduction)
I don't know if I still have the silver-plated clip, or if it maybe got melted down for a local church charity (?) :confused:

AdamChrap
09-14-2009, 10:02 PM
Nice! I have found $20 bills a few times. We mow some highway right of ways and you wouldn't believe the things we find out there.

starry night
09-14-2009, 10:33 PM
I have a couple good stories. One now and one later. Arrive at a bank to mow with my sone who was. I think, 16 at the time. I directed him to mow a smaller part with the 21 inch mower. He says "Oh no Dad, I want to ride this time. I agreed to do the small part and the first thing I spot is a $100 bill. Later I teased him that he missed it. But he was too smart for me. He threatened to tell Mrs. dirtandhoops that I had the $100 if I didn't share $25 with him. He got his $25 otherwise I wouldn't have my hip pocket money!