PDA

View Full Version : 1 yo Echo Backpack - Blown Motor - Warranty?

sa1lng
09-13-2009, 09:59 PM
I have an Echo backpack that started to run tough and wouldn't start. The dealer says that the cylinders are scored..... so I should just buy a new one.

When I informed the dealer (the same one I bought it from) that the blower is less than a year old and under warranty, he reluctantly told me he would contact Echo.

That was 3 weeks ago. Any suggestions or contacts at Echo so I can get this thing going. This is a tough time of the year for us to be down 1 blower.

Thanks in advance
:hammerhead:

zman2307
09-13-2009, 10:35 PM
I have an Echo backpack that started to run tough and wouldn't start. The dealer says that the cylinders are scored..... so I should just buy a new one.

When I informed the dealer (the same one I bought it from) that the blower is less than a year old and under warranty, he reluctantly told me he would contact Echo.

That was 3 weeks ago. Any suggestions or contacts at Echo so I can get this thing going. This is a tough time of the year for us to be down 1 blower.

Thanks in advance
:hammerhead:

scored cylinder means it was run lean....either poor quality fuel or improper fuel mixture. Hardly defective equipment.....

FYS777
09-13-2009, 10:51 PM
scored cylinder means it was run lean....either poor quality fuel or improper fuel mixture. Hardly defective equipment.....

I agree. unless the carb was set wrong when assembled, but if that was the case probably wouldn't of lasted this long.

sa1lng
09-13-2009, 10:58 PM
It definitely has not been either run hot or lean. I personally fill all of the mixed fuel (91 octane) which is all that is carried on the trucks and Stihl oil. It has about 150 hours on it.

It has always been tough to start, I wonder about the carb setting.