PDA

View Full Version : How to find a hole or leak in a tire?

MikeKle
09-14-2009, 12:04 AM
I have a tire that has a slow leak or a hole somewhere and I cannot find it. Is there anyway to find the hole. I remember we used to put bike tires in a tub of water and the leak would be visible by the bubbles coming from it. I wonder if something like that would work on bigger tires without an innertube?

jhawk60
09-14-2009, 12:06 AM
Fill the tire with air, lay it on the ground, and cover it with soapy water. You will see the leak.

MS_SURVEYOR
09-14-2009, 12:41 AM
I have a tire that has a slow leak or a hole somewhere and I cannot find it. Is there anyway to find the hole. I remember we used to put bike tires in a tub of water and the leak would be visible by the bubbles coming from it. I wonder if something like that would work on bigger tires without an innertube?

Fill the tire with air, lay it on the ground, and cover it with soapy water. You will see the leak.

Yep! Both will work! I had 3 tires leaking on my LT, and 1 leaking on my ztr. Slime took care of all of them!

:drinkup:

topsites
09-14-2009, 01:16 AM
I find those dollar store bottles of Windex extremely handy for this,
no it isn't actually Windex but whatever their brand name is,
anyhow works good on car / truck tires also.

Not to mention, of course, cleaning windows.

grass_cuttin_fool
09-14-2009, 07:14 AM
I find those dollar store bottles of Windex extremely handy for this,
no it isn't actually Windex but whatever their brand name is,
anyhow works good on car / truck tires also.

Not to mention, of course, cleaning windows.

Same here....thats how I find them

clinicalengineer
09-14-2009, 07:49 AM
I just put slime in my equipment with tires. It tends to seal up all of those little annoying pin hole leaks. I know it won't fix all leaks, but it is a quick fix for the tire that ends up needing filled everyday.

bohiaa
09-14-2009, 08:00 AM
Fix a flat

mowerman41
09-15-2009, 11:49 AM
I had a few small leaks on my turf tracer, so finally having enough of dealing with that in the off season I sent my tires to be Foam filled it cost me $52 per tire but it is Foam filled never go flat and the tire still has give to it so its not a rough ride. Just my 2 cents