PDA

View Full Version : Generic Grass Bag for Quick 36?

Please_Be_Green
09-14-2009, 09:15 AM
This may be a simple question for you professionals...

I'm in the market for a grass bag/catcher for my Quick 36, but not sure I'm willing to dump $350 for the BOP Aluminum model.

Does anyone know of a more affordable option for residential use only.

Thanks in advance

ALC-GregH
09-14-2009, 09:39 AM
I haven't had any issues with the Accelerator catcher. It is pricey though.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e160/americanlawncare/DSC02045.jpg

Please_Be_Green
09-14-2009, 10:25 AM
Now that doesn't help me... LOL

I'm just trying to figure out if there is an alternative solution then dumping $350.00+ shipping for an aluminium bag if there is a cheaper solution that would meet my residential use requirements.

Ric3077
09-14-2009, 10:30 AM
either buy one used or do not bag, just mulch

Please_Be_Green
09-14-2009, 02:51 PM
either buy one used or do not bag, just mulch

I've been mulching all summer at 4". The machine mulches nicely at that height... I've recently lowered to 3" and just don't like the mulch or discharge at 3" and that's on a 4 day mowing schedule.

Therefore, I've been thinking about bagging, but $350+ is steep and am just trying to figure out if there are alternatives out there.

Thanks

Richard Martin
09-14-2009, 04:38 PM
Yes, there are. The Grass Packer can be had for under $300 if you look around. Here's some info on it. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=73365

bTW, I'm still using that one and it looks exactly the same.

jweiner
09-14-2009, 04:42 PM
I was planning on purchasing one of the Quick 36" mowers and would like to use it primarily for mulching as opposed to bagging. Were you using the mulching kit with the mower? Would you not recommend it for mulching at under 4"? 4" seems rather tall to me?!? I live in Wisconsin, like to mow about once per week and have a Kentucky Bluegrass lawn. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Joel

Please_Be_Green
09-14-2009, 05:19 PM
I was planning on purchasing one of the Quick 36" mowers and would like to use it primarily for mulching as opposed to bagging. Were you using the mulching kit with the mower? Would you not recommend it for mulching at under 4"? 4" seems rather tall to me?!? I live in Wisconsin, like to mow about once per week and have a Kentucky Bluegrass lawn. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Joel

Utilizing the search function you'll quickly realize there are plenty of threads that go into the cut quality of a BOP...

That's my best effort to try to keep this thread on topic with regards to bag options with the Quick.

jweiner
09-14-2009, 05:55 PM
Sorry - I sent you a PM.