PDA

View Full Version : John Deere Quik-Trakô Mowers

madisonpressurewashing
09-14-2009, 12:26 PM
Any one here use these? How would you rate them to the other stand on mowers?

madisonpressurewashing
09-14-2009, 04:26 PM
No one has an idea?!?

mowerbrad
09-14-2009, 04:31 PM
I had a demo of one for about 4 days back in late May. It was a very good mower. I can't compare it YET to other standons but by the end of the month I will be able to compare it to the wright zk and stander rh.

What would you like to know about it?

oakwdman
09-14-2009, 04:50 PM
I now own one, and love it. Stripes are crisp and loud, cut is clean. Its not exactly the quickest but its still a tank. Only gripe is its stability on hills isnt the best.

mowerbrad
09-14-2009, 06:00 PM
I now own one, and love it. Stripes are crisp and loud, cut is clean. Its not exactly the quickest but its still a tank. Only gripe is its stability on hills isnt the best.

I thought the one I had was great on hills. It was the big 60".

oakwdman
09-14-2009, 06:08 PM
Maybe I just need a little practice, time will tell lol. And mine is also a 60".

madisonpressurewashing
09-14-2009, 06:20 PM
Is it easy to drive around? How is the ride?

mowerbrad
09-14-2009, 06:28 PM
It takes a little bit to get used to standing and mowing. But I got the hang of it after the first or second lawn. By the third lawn, it was like I had been using it for the past two years.

The ride was actually very good. It does have a small suspension in the platform to help absorb some of the bumps. It is very comfortable to ride, but like I said before you have to get used to it.

oakwdman
09-14-2009, 06:29 PM
The ride is not too bad. if your haulin' on a bumpy lawn your gonna bounce. but besides that it is nice. And as far as being easy to drive around, its just like any other stander; strong and responsive hydros.

cpel2004
09-14-2009, 06:34 PM
I was a big fan before the ZK mowers were introduced, now Im a small fan, hence 647a. However you can find some decent deals on older used models.

Pitt4212
09-23-2009, 11:10 PM
I just ordered a 54" quik trak but have never tried one. Two questions for owners of them. With the weight of this mower being over 1,000 pounds!! how does it handle turning without tearing up the grass? Also on my mower now, which is a crappy 2006 cub cadet z-force 50, the stupid thing blows dust and grass out the front like it is it's job. How clean of a cut does the 7 iron II deck cut? When I say clean I mean no dust. I bought the bagger for it so would like to know how it cuts while bagging. Thanks in advance.

oakwdman
09-23-2009, 11:16 PM
u just gotta keep the inside tire moving and not do a straight 180* weight hasnt been an issue for me at all really, however i havent really mowed in the rain with it. Theres alot of vacuum created with the crazy rpm's of the blades with this deck so your gonna get some dust. As far as blowout on the front i havent bagged with mine yet so I couldnt really tell you. The cut is just as good if not better than my bobcats or the lesco I had. No complaints at all on the cut!

DuallyVette
09-23-2009, 11:22 PM
I have a 657 (54") I don't like it as much as a Wright Stander. It isn't a well balanced. Mine sits in my storage building.

CAROLINALAWNMAN1
09-23-2009, 11:24 PM
I just ordered a 54" quik trak but have never tried one. Two questions for owners of them. With the weight of this mower being over 1,000 pounds!! how does it handle turning without tearing up the grass? Also on my mower now, which is a crappy 2006 cub cadet z-force 50, the stupid thing blows dust and grass out the front like it is it's job. How clean of a cut does the 7 iron II deck cut? When I say clean I mean no dust. I bought the bagger for it so would like to know how it cuts while bagging. Thanks in advance.

i have had a 647a for 18 months...and there are definitely some differences with it...it will tear some turf if u r not careful,,because it is smaller it seems like it is light but u have noticed that it is heavy as well as small..make sure that u keep the inside wheel either moving or reverse it to the outside wheel...if u dont it will tear...the cut is awesome. i used a mulch kit on mine and it truly worked well no clumping except in the deep wet stuff,,,i cannot however stress enough to not buy the john deere grass catcher....the worst...if u like eating dust and dirt and grass then get it..it blows more that it catches and i am not exagerating by much....maybe there is an aftermarket one that is better but the deere bag catcher is worse that a waste of money..there is not much blow out unless you have the catcher....you will be happy with just the discharge chute or the mulch kit. it doesnt take up much room and the standing is ok...it is easy to get off and pick up debris etc...overall i like it...adjust your antiscalp wheels correctly to help with scalping....you will be surprised how well it does on hills...good luck

Pitt4212
09-25-2009, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone. I am not too happy about the bagging situation since I already ordered the mower with the john deere bagger I have no choice but to see how it goes........if it is as bad as you say I will be getting mulching blades and going that route, I am tired of getting filthy after mowing my lawn on my day off!!!!! (I get dirty enough during the week working construction)