PDA

View Full Version : Any "Quick" walk-behind owners

jweiner
09-14-2009, 12:38 PM
I have been looking at walk-behinds for a while and thought I had narrowed it down to Toro and Exmark. Now I hear about the Quick 36" Samurai Dually WB. They appear very reasonably priced on their website and are offering free shipping and 50% off accesories. Can someone tell me if these machines are comparable to Toro, Gravely, Exmark, etc. or are these in a different class?

lifetree
09-14-2009, 10:48 PM
When you say "comparable" it depends on what you mean ... the Quick machines are comparable to the other brands you mentioned except for possibly the one thing about the deck ... that is, I think Toro decks are 7 guage steel and the Quicks are 10 guage steel !!

THC
09-14-2009, 10:56 PM
I understand the only people that like quicks are the guys that go from a 21" mower. Then, naturally they think they're great.

I never heard someone go from a toro hydro to a Quickie say anything good about them at all. They do not compare, I've reading posts about them since they began. They only cut good in perfect conditions. and the quick 32 is wider then my toro 36" so figure that one out.

lifetree
09-14-2009, 11:02 PM
... and the quick 32 is wider then my toro 36" so figure that one out.

This statement is simply moronic ... the Quick 32" was specifically designed to fit through a 36" gate !!

THC
09-15-2009, 12:19 AM
This statement is simply moronic ... the Quick 32" was specifically designed to fit through a 36" gate !!

How wide is a quick 32?
almost 38 inches. That means their 36" mower is almost 42". You see they have a problem with design. The bracket you attach the chute to doesn't fold out of the way.

While my toro is 36 is 37 inches wide. ergo, the Toro 36" mower has less width then the 32" toro.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
09-15-2009, 12:34 AM
I understand the only people that like quicks are the guys that go from a 21" mower. Then, naturally they think they're great.

I never heard someone go from a toro hydro to a Quickie say anything good about them at all. They do not compare, I've reading posts about them since they began. They only cut good in perfect conditions. and the quick 32 is wider then my toro 36" so figure that one out.

I would not agree with everything this poster said. Conditions are never perfect for mowing, fact. The Quick will stripe up a lawn really nice in all conditions BUT sopping wet, long grass. My machine has been a real $$maker for me, no regrets.

lifetree
09-16-2009, 12:23 AM
How wide is a quick 32 ? almost 38 inches ...

You really don't know what you're talking about ... just look at the BOP website for the specs on the 32" machine ... the width is 34.5 inches !!

THC
09-16-2009, 12:25 AM
You really don't know what you're talking about ... just look at the BOP website for the specs on the 32" machine ... the width is 34.5 inches !!

The chute doesn't fold over out of the way, so you have to add that.

Not only that, Toro only adds .8 of an inch from cutting width to deck width. Quick adds 2.5 inches PLUS the chute that doesn't fold out of the way and even if you take it off (which is dangerous unless mulching) the bracket over hangs.

so, my toro 36 has less width then a quick 32.

You own one, take a picture and prove me wrong.

lifetree
09-16-2009, 12:25 AM
... Conditions are never perfect for mowing ... The Quick will stripe up a lawn really nice in all conditions BUT sopping wet, long grass. My machine has been a real $$maker for me, no regrets.

This post sums it up pretty nicely !!

W.L.M.
09-16-2009, 12:45 AM
I dont have anything against quick mowers but, a quick dually compared to a pro line or an exmark viking is like bringing a knife to a gun fight the toro/exmark is way more machine. Now I don't really care for either brand, my avatar will direct you towards mowers that are true $$ makers.

THC
09-16-2009, 01:08 AM
I dont have anything against quick mowers but, a quick dually compared to a pro line or an exmark viking is like bringing a knife to a gun fight the toro/exmark is way more machine. Now I don't really care for either brand, my avatar will direct you towards mowers that are true $$ makers.

Just checked out scag website and a video showing their walk behind, they really are awesome looking machines.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
09-16-2009, 01:19 AM

No way on earth would I buy a bulky, heavy old scag belt drive WB.
I'll stick with the Quick, thanx.....

THC
09-16-2009, 01:29 AM
No way on earth would I buy a bulky, heavy old scag belt drive WB.
I'll stick with the Quick, thanx.....

Would you buy a new hydro scag? No offense, but both your mowers, your super recycler and quick are not commercial grade mowers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzfa562cqAM

TYCINC
09-16-2009, 10:04 AM
We run Scag SWZ's. . . They'll walk all over that Quick b/s. I really dont think I could pull up to a job with a Quick machine and feel that I look professional. They just look cheap. . hell they are lol

Merkava_4
09-16-2009, 10:14 AM
Coming from the outside looking in ... I'd say some of you guys are real passionate about your machines. :eek:

ALC-GregH
09-16-2009, 10:19 AM
We run Scag SWZ's. . . They'll walk all over that Quick b/s. I really dont think I could pull up to a job with a Quick machine and feel that I look professional. They just look cheap. . hell they are lol

and your the authority on mowers? Get real. Please stick your foot in your mouth. thanks

DA Quality Lawn & YS
09-16-2009, 11:51 AM
Would you buy a new hydro scag? No offense, but both your mowers, your super recycler and quick are not commercial grade mowers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzfa562cqAM

You are entitled to your opinion of course. My SR4 Toro has run me 3 seasons now cutting 5-6 lawns per week, not a lot BUT a lot more than a homeowner. My Quick is through 2 seasons now with without any hiccups beyond basic maint and belt replacement. I use my mowers to make money, therefore they are commercial grade to me. You use what you want to match your ops, so will I......

Also, would not touch a hydro Scag waaay too much money.