PDA

View Full Version : Toro Z-Master bog down

blade11
09-14-2009, 12:33 PM
I have a Toro Z-Master 74240 that is electronic fuel injected w/ a 27hp Kohler. It seems to bog down and not run right. At first, I thought maybe it was just a problem with the seat sensor (b/c it began intermittently) but have now ruled that out. I have replaced the o2 sensor and an ignition coil but neither resulted in any improvement. It is not firing correctly on one side. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance!

blade11
09-20-2009, 06:56 PM
We have tested everything we can w/ the electrical but can't find anything bad. There is no spark on one side. It is flashing a diagnostic code of 61 (which means that it is the end of the code, according to service manual). Any ideas?

VegetiveSteam
09-20-2009, 09:00 PM
Ok I'm going to do some assuming here. You say you've checked everything electrical so I will assume you have power to the ignition module that isn't firing and also that's the one your replaced. If that is the case I'd Ohm the plug wire. Remove the wire from the module and take an Ohm reading. You should read around 5000 Ohms. That could explain the intermittent problem too.

ricky86
09-21-2009, 01:14 AM
You try a wiggle test to the harness while engine is running? Are you absolutely positive you have an ignition problem?