PDA

View Full Version : Which is a better 36" WB

jweiner
09-14-2009, 04:58 PM
I am looking for opinions between the Quick 36" Ninja and the Ferris 36" Hydrocut. Any help would be appreciated. Joel

lawnsaspire
09-14-2009, 06:32 PM
I have a Quick 36 Ninja. Overall I'm pleased with it. My only complaint is that it absolutely cannot handle wet grass. My 21 inch Honda does better in wet grass than it does. Also the height setting sucks. Other than that, if you're mowing fairly dry grass it makes a beautiful cut and it's been sound mechanically so far. I've only owned it since the beginning of mowing season. I don't know anything about the Ferris. But I know it will be a lot heavier and less compact than a Quick which matters to me since I have a relatively small trailer.

jweiner
09-14-2009, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the reply. Since I will be using it for my lawn only (and possibly a neighbor's or two), I won't have to worry about mowing when it's wet out. Do you know how it does at mulching since I refer to mulch? I love my Honda Harmony 21" mower too, but it just takes too long for me to mow my entire yard with that thing - almost 2 hours.

mowerbrad
09-14-2009, 07:47 PM
I hear great things about the quick mowers. If you would like to get a quick, why don't you look into the dually, its about the same price as a good lawn tractor and would make life a whole lot easier on you.

I don't know anything about the ferris hydrocut, and don't hear much of anything about them either.

Here is the downside to the quick. Since they don't have any dealers, you either have to be mechanically inclinded or have a lawn mower repair shop around you that accepts all different brands. But Better has great customer support (as I hear) so your questions should be answered pretty easily.

Good luck with your new mower person.

ed2hess
09-14-2009, 07:48 PM
I would save a few bucks and buy the Snapper Pro since it is practically the same mower without electric start. And it is sold by same dealer as Ferris....We have on that is doing just fine with mulch plate on it.

lifetree
09-14-2009, 10:44 PM
... If you would like to get a quick, why don't you look into the dually ...

I would recommend the Dually as well !!

pinto n mwr
09-14-2009, 11:28 PM
I purchased a Craftsman 36" WB for 1500 brand new at sears. I know, save the comments about the brand. It is the same mower as a Lesco now Cub without the Kawi motor, but the Briggs has plenty of power and no problems so far. I walked into a Sear recently and they were still on sale, until their gone of course.

lifetree
09-16-2009, 12:28 AM
I purchased a Craftsman 36" WB for 1500 brand new at sears. ...

Are you a commercial LCO, or, a homeowner ?? Either way, the Craftsman 36" simply cannot compare with the Quick 36" Samuai Dually !!

W.L.M.
09-16-2009, 12:38 AM
Are you a commercial LCO, or, a homeowner ?? Either way, the Craftsman 36" simply cannot compare with the Quick 36" Samuai Dually !!

The Craftsman pro 36 is a rebranded lesco, cub cadet. Myself personally I would take one over a quick 36 any day.

lawns Etc
09-16-2009, 12:51 AM
Go with the ferris it will last a long time and you will be able to sell it for a decent price when the time comes.

stevenf
09-16-2009, 01:14 AM
Ive tried out a Quick single hydro and it was very well built, left a good cut, very easy to turn. Im sure it wouldnt be as easy to turn with a sulky, I was walking behind it.
I was considering a rider next season but I may go with a Quick 44 Dually. Just cant beat the price.