PDA

View Full Version : NEW Country Clipper DFI Holy Cow!!

MONTE
09-14-2009, 06:54 PM
Brand new out ran it today a new Country Clipper 72" Boss with a 37hp Kawasaki DFI engine! that is correct DFI!!!! I put this mower in a field that had not been mowed this year thick and tough and wow what a horse of a mower! I honestly thought I was going to break belts and the kaw motor just kept lugging! Amazing the power is way stronger than the carb version of this engine! I do not know about fuel economy yet but it should be solved with the DFI version! Best part is the DFI option on the country clipper is only a $400 upgrade!

MikeKle
09-14-2009, 08:34 PM
It is about time they switched to fuel injection over carbureators, The last car with a carb to be produced was in 1986!!! What is taking so long? and fuel injection is still not the norm for outdoor power equipment!? Hopefully that will change. Im also suprised how little it cost. I thought it would bump the price way up? Im guessing it has some sort of a computer? does anyone know if they make a WB with EFI or DFI yet? YEs it will do way better on gas now, fuel injected motors always sip the fuel, plus you dont have to worry about taking it on crazy steep hills, as far as the engine goes anyway.

Green King
09-15-2009, 05:24 PM
I got to go and try this thing out!!!!

integrityman
09-15-2009, 09:41 PM
lettuce no what the fuel consumption rate is.....

tacoma200
09-15-2009, 09:54 PM
DFi usually only increases fuel economy by 20=25%. So that would make them on par with the carburated big Briggs and Generacs. I hope they do much better.

Scag says that when run under FULL load that the efi/dfi engines get about 25% better.

But the Big Kaws seem to average over 2 gph compared to 1.5 for the Briggs so they have a long way to go.

keith.mcginnis
09-15-2009, 10:00 PM
lettuce no what the fuel consumption rate is.....

Sorry this made me chuckle..:laugh:

Razorblades
09-16-2009, 12:04 AM
Brand new out ran it today a new Country Clipper 72" Boss with a 37hp Kawasaki DFI engine! that is correct DFI!!!! I put this mower in a field that had not been mowed this year thick and tough and wow what a horse of a mower! I honestly thought I was going to break belts and the kaw motor just kept lugging! Amazing the power is way stronger than the carb version of this engine! I do not know about fuel economy yet but it should be solved with the DFI version! Best part is the DFI option on the country clipper is only a $400 upgrade!

What was the price of the mower that you tested? I've read that the Country Clipper Charger and Boss models hold hills well; have you been able to check it out on hilly terrain? What type of discharge pattern does it have with the clippings and what is the cut quality compared to other brands that you've used?

HydroGearHead
09-16-2009, 12:08 AM
ummm not to be offensive but the engine might be good but who wants a country clipper? its not really a mower for a serious commercial lawn service....ain't meaning to be offensive but its just not a "real" commercial mower

"you can put lipstick on a pig but you still got a pig" Barrack Hussein Obama

"You can put a great engine in a t*rd but you still gotta t*rd"--me

DA Quality Lawn & YS
09-16-2009, 12:29 AM
Why does Country Clipper get a bad rap anyway? I have a dealer close to me and was interested in checking them out/demoing.

HydroGearHead
09-16-2009, 12:31 AM
Well for one they used to make all of the Snapper Pro units before Snapper started to make their own

WREBELMACHINE
09-16-2009, 08:52 AM
Well if they are not real mowers there is at leat a couple of dozen large mowing companies here who are not real mowing companies! Some of them went to clipper from scag Dixie chopper and ferris! I personally know of one here who has over 3,000hrs on a 60" charger and still useing it with virtually no troubles!

Yes the Charger 60" is the best hillside machine I have ever been on!

Razorblades
09-16-2009, 09:46 AM
ummm not to be offensive but the engine might be good but who wants a country clipper? its not really a mower for a serious commercial lawn service....ain't meaning to be offensive but its just not a "real" commercial mower

Excluding dealer support, and I don't mean to trivialize the importance of dealer support, what are the reasons, in your opinion, that keep the Country clipper Charger and Boss models from being true commercial mowers?

Is the thickness of the deck, which is the same thickness as Hustlers, Scag, Exmark, Toro, Dixie Chopper, Gravely....and on and on?

Is it the brand of Hyd pumps and wheel motors, which is the same as used on most of the other brands of mowers?

Is it the grade of steel, same as used on most of the other brands of mowers?

Is it the brand of tires, are they not the same quality as used on most other brands of mowers?

Is it the spindles, with the cast Iron housings like some of the other mower brands?

Is it the engine selection, which has premium engines from multiple manufacturers, just like nearly all of the true commercial brands?

Is it the Warranty, which is as good as most and better than a few?

I 'm not saying that they're perfect or even the best, but for someone to say that they aren't really a commercial mower, I would beg to differ?
They may not ever be yours or alot of peoples choice of mower, but that doesn't mean that they aren't a commercial mower. there may have been issues with some of the mowers that they built for snapper but that doesn't mean that they aren't a commercial mower.

I bet that every mower manufacturer has built models that has had problems or weak design features but they were still designed as commercial mowers, even with their flaws.

I could go on, but the point is made, I think.

Give us some more reasons besides "they used to make Snapper Pro" as to why they aren't really a commercial mower.

MJB
11-15-2011, 11:20 AM
bump . any updates on these?

Km81
11-15-2011, 06:30 PM

Seriously? You are extremely misinformed

TomB
11-15-2011, 06:49 PM
Well if they are not real mowers there is at leat a couple of dozen large mowing companies here who are not real mowing companies! Some of them went to clipper from scag Dixie chopper and ferris! I personally know of one here who has over 3,000hrs on a 60" charger and still useing it with virtually no troubles!

Yes the Charger 60" is the best hillside machine I have ever been on!

Wrebel,

Where did you get your Country Clipper?

DA Quality Lawn & YS
11-15-2011, 10:03 PM
I think Clipper deserves a 2nd look, bump!

djagusch
11-16-2011, 08:31 AM
The single joystick models I dislike, I've tried it for a day and like the standard twin levers.

My dealer sells them along with scag/hustler/snapper. He likes the clipper but sells them to large property owners. Only on commerical guy using them. He's never tried selling them to me, the day I drove one was for a loaner. Don't know why but the commerical guys mostly have the scag's.
Posted via Mobile Device

JCLawn and more
11-16-2011, 09:39 AM
You should try a diesel. It sounds like my first experience with my kubota zd326. It will mow 8inch high grass at 11 mph and the engine won't loose rpms.
Posted via Mobile Device