PDA

View Full Version : CARB-Certified Gas cans

ZTR_Diesel
09-14-2009, 07:35 PM
Probably been brought up before...but has anyone been using these contraptions as of yet? It's all you can buy now...and in addition to be a lot more complex to work with, they are also expensive...$9 for a lousy one-gallon can!

CARB is the name of the newest and most powerful legislative govermental cult devised California Air Resources Board. And since when did California become Washington DC?

underPSI
09-14-2009, 07:52 PM
CARB has been around for decades. I haven't seen the new CARB-approved fuel cans that you speak of and not sure why they would have anything to do with fuel cans except some type of vapor-recovery system on them which would only save you money.

modedicebox
09-14-2009, 07:56 PM
I have a few, they suck! I love all the pressure that builds up in them and then you pull the valve back and it sprays vapors and sometimes gas all over. Great job on that one...
Posted via Mobile Device

ZTR_Diesel
09-14-2009, 08:51 PM
I have a few, they suck! I love all the pressure that builds up in them and then you pull the valve back and it sprays vapors and sometimes gas all over. Great job on that one...
Posted via Mobile Device

Exactly my point. In addition to the devices that have been added to the cans to make them "spill-proof" and the associated cost and hassle with use, it's actually important for a gasoline-filled vessle to "breathe" with temperature changes. Removing the venting possibility from the vessle increases the chance of a mishap, or exothermic reaction from sudden release of pressure on a hot day. Couple that with someone unaware of the danger and thier personal additions (such as smoking while working with a gas can :hammerhead:) and that exothermic reaction is just about guaranteed!

Here is what these cans look like:
http://doitbest.com/Gas+Cans-Blitz+USA-model-81005-doitbest-sku-578397.dib

topsites
09-14-2009, 08:54 PM
THIS is one of the BEST examples WHY I am very much against government legislation that can affect our Industry.
It's not that I have a problem with being controlled or being told what to do, it's not even a problem with authority per se,
but it's this exact type of senseless horse manure heaping load of garbage I have a problem with.

Now if that's considered having a problem with authority, then I guess I do have a problem with it.

and then you pull the valve back and it sprays vapors and sometimes gas all over.
Posted via Mobile Device

Am I correct in assuming that this is how it saves us fuel?

lilweeds
09-14-2009, 10:19 PM
The spill free cans aren't bad, but they still aren't as nice as the old styles. Someone on here has a mod to make them work better.