PDA

View Full Version : Damn Chipmunks! DVS look

STL Ponds and Waterfalls
09-14-2009, 09:00 PM
I just finished a permeable patio and we show up today and find this little bastard dug a hole in my joints. What do you guy's have for a clause in your contract for this?

DVS Hardscaper
09-14-2009, 09:10 PM
I'm adding one now......let's see....I think it'll fit on page 7...right below the clause that states "client must wash hands with hot water and soap prior to writing a check to contractor"......

STL Ponds and Waterfalls
09-14-2009, 11:09 PM
Sorry! This is a real question not some bullshit!

PatriotLandscape
09-15-2009, 03:17 PM
It is not a problem with your work it is on them to shoot the damn things. Or drown them with a 5 gallon bucket filled with water and a layer of sunflower seeds or peanuts :)

zedosix
09-15-2009, 05:09 PM
It is not a problem with your work it is on them to shoot the damn things. Or drown them with a 5 gallon bucket filled with water and a layer of sunflower seeds or peanuts :)

Why is it you guys think killing is the answer. The damn chipmunks are just trying to survive.

STL Ponds and Waterfalls
09-15-2009, 06:02 PM
I tried to start this thread to discuss options for situations that occur from animals disturbing our work. If that is to God Damn hard I'll talk to other professionals that can act like adults.:hammerhead:

PaperCutter
09-15-2009, 06:16 PM
I would assume you don't warranty plants that get eaten by deer, right? If you're looking for language to include in your warranty exclusions, you could put "damage due to wild or domestic animals" in there with vandalism, neglect, and acts of God- after checking with your attorney, of course.

zedosix
09-15-2009, 06:42 PM
What are the joints filled with, I recall they said peastone ws the correct filler, so I'd imagine that there would be some owner responisbility here.

STL Ponds and Waterfalls
09-15-2009, 07:24 PM
What are the joints filled with, I recall they said peastone ws the correct filler, so I'd imagine that there would be some owner responisbility here.

The joints are filled with 3/8's granite chips. It is what has been speced for permeable paver joints at this time around my area. Our peastone is to rounded to lock in the joints. My client which is a lawyer isn't crying foul or anything I just thought this would be a good topic for certain contract clauses.

custom patios
09-15-2009, 07:27 PM
I tried to start this thread to discuss options for situations that occur from animals disturbing our work. If that is to God Damn hard I'll talk to other professionals that can act like adults.:hammerhead:

i'm quite surprised to see this thread! I thought I was the only one who had chipmunk problems. Forget about the poly sand, they will actually burrow tunnels thru the bedding sand. I had this happen on a pool installation of mine. I couldnt explain for the life of me how pavers could settle in such an odd way.. untill I took up the pavers. The sand was missing from sight completely! The little critters are even capable of digging thru the base stone!
on another job we trapped 12 chipmunks and removed them from the site. I still do not have a clause in my contract to address chipmunks specifically, but I let the homeowners know that they can wreak havok and warranty work will not cover damage by Acts of God.

DVS Hardscaper
09-16-2009, 08:09 AM
Pretty cut and dry. Not sure about the crying here. I guess we all have bad days.

Take your wording from your plant warranty and change it to coincide with hardscapes.

STL Ponds and Waterfalls
09-16-2009, 08:02 PM
LOL! What a joker!