PDA

View Full Version : Getting Certified in Maryland

BigEd
09-14-2009, 11:09 PM
Is there anyway around having the two years exp. or a college degree? I thought of taking the test in PA which is a bordering state that I have a little work in. That should qualify to take the test in Maryland the following year. Any thoughts?

cutbetterthanyou
09-15-2009, 05:33 PM
I don't think there is. I called the dept of ag a couple years back and they basically said what you just did. I can't take the classes because of work. I had thought about trying to lie and pay someone to register me as there employee an not work for them but i don't think anyone would risk loosing there license over it. And it will be hard to get anyone to help you because you will be becoming there competition

ted putnam
09-15-2009, 11:48 PM
Is there anyway around having the two years exp. or a college degree? I thought of taking the test in PA which is a bordering state that I have a little work in. That should qualify to take the test in Maryland the following year. Any thoughts?

I would think that performing chemical work in 2 states would require licenses in each state. I know of companies in Memphis TN that are required to have an Arkansas license to cross the Mississippi and do work in West Memphis AR. Sounds like a good way to get your foot in the door to me though. I'd check with Maryland to get specifics on just what is required and whether license/experience in neighboring state qualifies you to pursue a license in Maryland.

garydale
09-16-2009, 12:54 PM
If you can take and pass Pa. test Maryland has resproscity.
I think Pa. has the same minimum requirements though.

BigEd
09-17-2009, 12:32 AM
In PA you just pay and take the test. So if I get a license in PA Maryland will then give me a license, correct?

garydale
09-17-2009, 08:10 AM
No. It's more than just pay to get the license.
You still have core training and catagories testing for the various types of licenses.
Maryland & Pa. and for that matter many states recognize other states licenses and will accept you as qualified for their license.

I do not know if Pa. has lower qualifications for experience.