PDA

View Full Version : How much can you fit?

buffalonick
09-15-2009, 12:59 AM
How much can you fit on a 5.5 x 10 foot trailer i found a brand new one, well about two months old for 700. Doesnt even look like it got used much. But this will be my first trailer. I want something that will fit a decent size walk behind, a push mower, and to put a tool box on it. My blower and trimmers will have racks. Can it fit on a 10 foot or what? How much do you fit on a 10 foot? Pictures would be great!!! I posted pics of the trailer im looking at.

THC
09-15-2009, 01:13 AM
Don't buy that home depot piece of crap. I bought one and the friggen thing fell apart on me while I was taking it home. I didn't even make it home. I had to pull over, tie the gate back on and take it back to HD for refund.

PITA. I had to get the VIN number AGAIN whatever it's called. I bought a real trailer from Saturn Industries for $2600 and I'm glad I did.

topsites
09-15-2009, 01:16 AM
Yup, cheap POS trailer, he's right, why it's only $700.

buffalonick
09-15-2009, 01:26 AM
Actually funny you say that, i email the guy and he emailed me quick, told me the back ground on the trailer and as soon as he said he bought it from Home Depot, i started typing that i would think about it and id get back to him. But i did find a much bigger trailer for 800 and it seems to be heavy duty just needs a couple things...It needs the brakes rewired and a tailgate put on. Im sure that this size will last me a long time. Its 6.5 x 18 feet. Heres a couple pictures.

THC
09-15-2009, 01:32 AM
Wow, that looks like a real trailer, hope you got a real truck to tow it,lol.

btw, if all you want is a wb and push mower on it, that is way over kill but it does future proof you.

Mine is 5x10 and with two push mowers and a wb it's kind of small. but they do fit.
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn210/Northern_Lawns/Digitalcamera010.jpg

topsites
09-15-2009, 01:36 AM
Yeah that 2nd one is a lot, a whole lot better...
But you do need a 3/4 ton to pull it, almost a full ton.

You'll want to check with your state's DOT concerning CDL compliance,
mainly you'll want to look into the GVWR requirements...
Some states it's 26-27k, others it's 10k...

Mine is 5x10 and with two push mowers and a wb it's kind of small. but they do fit.

I can respect that because it's aluminum.
One because they're not cheap, two because they tow so nice.

THC
09-15-2009, 01:41 AM
No, it's not aluminum. It's the kind of steel that doesn't rust.. it's on the tip of my tongue..

But yeah it does tow nice. And when I turn on the lights it looks purdy:)

Richard Martin
09-15-2009, 06:56 AM
No, it's not aluminum. It's the kind of steel that doesn't rust.. it's on the tip of my tongue..

It's Zinc coated or as some might say... Galvanized. They will rust but it's going to take a long time. :)

Richard Martin
09-15-2009, 06:58 AM
buffalonick, you just keep going from one extreme to the other don't you? Still looking for that 7 X 14 footer I hope.

4.3mudder
09-15-2009, 10:22 AM
On my 5X10 I used to have, I was able to fit my troy bilt 50 inch ztr, 36 walk behind, and a toro 21. I had to cut part of the front frame so the forks on the walk behind would hang over a little bit. But, everything fit tight.

buffalonick
09-15-2009, 12:08 PM
buffalonick, you just keep going from one extreme to the other don't you? Still looking for that 7 X 14 footer I hope.
Yea i dont have a clue what i wanna do, i think that im so caught up in my thoughts of the business and so excited for spring to get here. I cant wait for my first season to start. And with me money has always burned a whole in my pocket its like i got the thought that i want a trailer, and i want it now lol. I dunno im just so ready and happy for this spring to get here.

buffalonick
09-15-2009, 12:11 PM
On the other hand i gotta see the weight on that trailer because it may be extremely too heavy for my V6 explorer to pull it