PDA

View Full Version : got screwed again being a subcontractor

GREEN-UP
09-15-2009, 08:35 AM
The third year in a row I have done fert work for a large outfit in cincinnati/dayton area. We started the 4th round, and then all of a sudden they stopped. Come to find out they found an employee who could run a Z-spray and makes 8.00 hr start doing it.
I was told I could finish all properties up north, no response to calls,emails not any answer. To make it better, they skip the 4th round and bill there commercial customers for the service, and people never know. Also, they pay my bill every 50 days, when I have 15 but let them slide till 30.
Anyone else have similar experiences getting screwed like this.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
09-15-2009, 05:53 PM
Nope - cause I wouldn't put up with that nonsense if it couldn't be resolved mutually after a month or two. Fire those suckers.

turf hokie
09-15-2009, 06:37 PM
Sounds like something the guys with Brown trucks and upside down maple leaves would pull.

It happens...but if it is the same company 3 years in a row, then you are to blame.

I dont do near the subcontract work that I used to because most contractors like to think of me as a bank that gives out free loans once the work is done.

tlg
09-15-2009, 09:16 PM
The third year in a row I have done fert work for a large outfit in cincinnati/dayton area. We started the 4th round, and then all of a sudden they stopped. Come to find out they found an employee who could run a Z-spray and makes 8.00 hr start doing it.
I was told I could finish all properties up north, no response to calls,emails not any answer. To make it better, they skip the 4th round and bill there commercial customers for the service, and people never know. Also, they pay my bill every 50 days, when I have 15 but let them slide till 30.

Sub work has it's pitfalls and unless you've'e got something in writing you don't have much recourse. However the billing for services never performed by you by the company that hired you IS a big deal. In fact they are committing mail fraud. A felony . We have had this experience. If you know the facts here to be true I would suggest you contact a postal inspector and cover your company from any involvement. Consult your attorney before you do anything more. Certainly do not do business with this company.

garydale
09-16-2009, 01:01 PM
"Revenge is a dish best served cold."
We have always got our money and/or revenge. Be patient.

Stillwater
09-18-2009, 10:47 AM

No I never had this issue....

Think Green
09-18-2009, 10:40 PM
GreenUp,
Yes sir it happens and it is going to get worse in certain markets. Cost cutting is going to get worse and some will resort to hiring out locals with the experiences and pay them to fall into a loophole.
Am I led to believe that these past 3 seasons were done without a contract????
Contractor's are what they are..................sometimes they are truthfull!! LOL!!
Always watch your wallet..................you'll land on your feet!!

LouisianaLawnboy
09-18-2009, 10:51 PM
Tell them they pay up and do the customers or you are notifying the customers.
Posted via Mobile Device

Harley-D
09-19-2009, 11:35 AM
I agree. What's the difference between turning in another contractor for not being licensed for application, and turning in another contractor for charging for services not renderred? Let all the customers know that.

Heidi J.
09-19-2009, 03:18 PM
"Revenge is a dish best served cold."
We have always got our money and/or revenge. Be patient.

I couldn't agree more..:laugh:

Think Green
09-19-2009, 11:32 PM
GreenUp,
Respond to us on what happened next. Have they contacted you as of yet, or are you left hanging in the wind??
I sort of misread your post in the beginning as I was tired and should have read further.
But if I was subcontracting for someone else, I would want things in writing and notorized for future problems like this!!!
I feel that money doesn't talk.........................IT SWEARS!!!!