PDA

View Full Version : Quote on Exmark 60" Turf Tracer

aclassic
09-15-2009, 08:52 AM
I just got a quote on a 60" Exmark Turf Tracer here in NE Indiana for $6799 and a trac-vac 470 for $1699 all assembled and ready to go. I know this is steep for a w/b but is this a good price for this mower and trac-vac? I'm thinking about seeing if they will throw in a Power chute to sweeten the deal but I don't know if they'll go for it. Do you all think that buying now I'll get a better deal then if I were to wait till spring to buy?
Any of your comments or thoughts are welcomed.

sjessen
09-15-2009, 08:35 PM
I just got a quote on a 60" Exmark Turf Tracer here in NE Indiana for $6799 and a trac-vac 470 for $1699 all assembled and ready to go. I know this is steep for a w/b but is this a good price for this mower and trac-vac? I'm thinking about seeing if they will throw in a Power chute to sweeten the deal but I don't know if they'll go for it. Do you all think that buying now I'll get a better deal then if I were to wait till spring to buy?
Any of your comments or thoughts are welcomed.

That is an outstanding price for a new, full size tracer. What size engine does it have? New, 60", 23hp tracers go for close to $8000 here. If this is legit I would jump on it.

luckylawnboy
09-15-2009, 09:31 PM
60 inch tracers are close to 8000 here to. I love mine just wish the rear stance was wider and the height adjustment was better. The deck is heavy!!! and bends the pins for the height adjustment.

sjessen
09-15-2009, 09:52 PM
60 inch tracers are close to 8000 here to. I love mine just wish the rear stance was wider and the height adjustment was better. The deck is heavy!!! and bends the pins for the height adjustment.

i moved the rear wheels out on mine and added larger tires. it really made a difference on hills, etc. I hear you about the heavy deck. Not only does it bend the pins, if you check them they begin to wear after a while.

tacoma200
09-15-2009, 09:57 PM
i moved the rear wheels out on mine.

How do you do that correctly?

sjessen
09-15-2009, 10:01 PM
How do you do that correctly?

Exmark used to sell a model called the turf ranger. They made 1" spacers that bolted to the existing wheel motors. I purchased 2 of these per side and bolted them on moving the wheels out 2". One drawback, it does put added strain on the wheel motors and I had to cut off the rear anti scalp wheels. the dealer recommended adding only 1 spacer per side. The other thing I did was switch to 9 1/2" wide tires.

RodneyK
09-15-2009, 10:08 PM
Hey, fellow Fort Wayner. Mutton? They have some smoking deals right now. I would jump all over it...