PDA

View Full Version : LGF made sprayer/spreader

LAWNGODFATHER
05-01-2002, 03:33 AM
Here are some pics of one I made.

LAWNGODFATHER
05-01-2002, 03:35 AM
It now has a spray wand and an electric silinoid to open spreader. Not shown in pics.

LAWNGODFATHER
05-01-2002, 03:36 AM
Last one.

Kent Lawns
05-01-2002, 08:49 AM
Looks good.

Curious why you would use a solenoid (with all their idiosyncrasies) when your foot is right there.

Would seem that 25 gal liquid (+/- 175 lbs.) up that high would make it a little unstable on hills. I would mount a tank underneath.

LAWNGODFATHER
05-01-2002, 02:49 PM
I had a brake cable from a bicycle before to open spreader.

Every thing had to be easily removed, so now it takes about 2 minutes to take it all off, or put it all on.

Flip a switch and it spreads fert, flip another it sprays.

The spreader drops right in a 4" hitch, the tank comes off with 4 bolts, and the boom mounting bracket comes off with 4 bolts.

2 plugs and it's all off.

It still gets used to mow.

The thing does rather well on hill, I just don't fill it full of liquid to do them.

At 207 pounds for 25 gal, and put a 50# bag of fert in the spreader it does not pull any wheelies.

Now I have to hook up a digital spedo and It's set.

tremor
05-01-2002, 09:16 PM
LGF,

Nice neat job. What kind of solenoid & where did you get it? I've had customers use Chelsea PTO cables many times but always felt a switch would be more convenient. Either method has to be better than our cheasey rope setup.

Steve

LAWNGODFATHER
05-01-2002, 11:33 PM
Yeah it is cheasy. I used a similar set up to the spread4more for the spreader, and all the rest is from TeeJet.

I tried getting all of it through Lesco, but they were unable to get all of it.

So I got it from another place next-day air. That stuff is not cheap. The vavles, nozzles, fillings and tips were $425 worth.

I think I have about $1300 in the the whole thing.

It looks a lot like the C&S TurfTracker doesn't it?

Any one want some pics of one LOL.

I have 1 switch for the boom and one for the spreader to open and a 3rd to make it spin. All easy in reach.

Runner
05-02-2002, 01:04 AM
That is one sweet deal. How much wider than the boom ends does it spray? Or does it just spray down like a cone nozzle?

LAWNGODFATHER
05-02-2002, 02:01 AM
It sprays 108" (9 feet) wide. I think the boom is 7.5' wide.

I used 80 degree TeeJet spray tips.

20" spacing.

30% overlap

19.2" off the ground.

They are a flat fan type, and sprays droplets not a mist.

I just orded a foam marker kit for it. I would like to be more sure of my overlap than 2.5' off my wheel marks.

http://www.turftrackernow.com/Pro-line.htm

MOW ED
05-02-2002, 09:13 AM
Very nice setup.
Where did you get the digital speedo and how much are they?
I built a rig for my Walker just for spraying and it would be nice to have the speedo option. Thanks for the good ideas.

LAWNGODFATHER
05-02-2002, 09:41 AM
Look at a bicycle shop. Find one that will give you a speed off the rime size of your mower.

EJK2352
05-02-2002, 10:18 AM
LGF,
I thought you were buying a Z-Spray ride on??? What gives??? You really didn't tell us where you bought the solenoid, I sure would like to get one for my Lesco electric. I don't like the rope shut off that they use. Nice set up, I have a Lazer Hp 52 that is set up similar.:) ;) :) ED

tremor
05-02-2002, 08:53 PM
LGF,

Where did you get the solenoid? The length of pole-throw has been the stumbling block I've run into. So I'd really like the chance to experiment with the one you found.
That has been the one major improvement I've wanted for our "truckster" spreader for many years. Some were tested & found to have trouble with the salts in the fertilizer. You may want to consider a sheild of sorts to keep it clean & dry.

You got a source & part# for that solenoid?

Steve

LAWNGODFATHER
05-02-2002, 11:45 PM
Well you can order one from Spread4more.

http://www.spread4mower.com/

They sell an up-grade kit for the truckster similar to mine.

I used one that goes to a Ransome/Cushman deisel truck. It's the fuel shut off silinoid. I got this one because it was in-stock at the dealer and I needed it that day.

It has a rubber boot that protects it.

I did not get the Z-Spray because of the deal I got on these DC's. You know the ones that you just can't pass up.

So far after over 120 hours on each I have not put a lot of money into them.

So that brought me to, I had the Truckster spreader, the 25 gal tank and pump already so I copied the C&S TurfTracker. and I can still mow wiht it.

Lawn-Scapes
05-03-2002, 01:07 AM
Can you show us pics of how you rigged the spreader to open and close?

Thanks

LAWNGODFATHER
05-05-2002, 07:00 PM
Silinoid pics

LAWNGODFATHER
05-05-2002, 07:01 PM
I had trouble getting the spring rates right. I found the closing one has to be weaker than the one to pull it open.

I found rates that were close, but ended up ordering ones from spread4mower.

LAWNGODFATHER
05-05-2002, 07:03 PM
Ooops forgot pic