PDA

View Full Version : exmark 60 turf tracer spindle bearings- everyone on back order? Where to purchase???

clydesdale
09-15-2009, 06:25 PM
I have some bearing noise coming from one of my spindles on my 60 TT. I called J Thomas and Preco and both say they are on back order and for quite a while. I am not sure if I want to chance making it through the season, but I may not have a choice. Anybody know who might carry these and what should I expect to pay? So far Preco and J Thomas both quoted me around $62-65 a spindle housing.

Restrorob
09-15-2009, 06:50 PM
If you have a NAPA auto parts store near by take one of the old bearings to them and see if they can match it up, There should be a bearing number stamped in the side which would aid in checking at on-line bearing houses.

Either one most likely will be cheaper than a mower parts supplier or dealer.

clydesdale
09-15-2009, 07:19 PM
Are these rebuildable? I thought they were sealed units. I could be totally wrong. I did not know that you could replace just the bearing. Has anyone successfully done this? Thanks

Restrorob
09-15-2009, 08:07 PM
Well, You asked where to find "spindle bearings" so I assumed they can be replaced. I've only worked on a few Exmarks, Gravely says their spindles are sealed units but I have rebuilt them without any problem. As long as the pulley or blade adapter isn't welded to the shaft I don't think there would be a reason the bearings couldn't be replaced.