PDA

View Full Version : new b with many questions:)

ellerarik
09-15-2009, 08:47 PM
hello my name is arik eller. im working in the construction work as of now doing plumbing ang pipefitting. I like what i do now, but i want to do more with my life than this 9-5. To be able to look back at my life and be proud of something i did that i accomplished. So i did some thinking and a little more. Than it all come to me what i really want to do. Start a lawn care business. Not only be cause i love being out side and the smell of fresh cut grass or the look of a amazing lush beautiful lawn. But to start a business and always have that opportunity of going as big as you want. I want to focus on right now is re-building of exsiting lawns,overseeding, aeration, fertiliztion, herbicide and pesticide control, mowing, and irrigation systems. Ive been trying to do lots and lots of research on the different diseases that may take over a lawn, and the species of different weeds and there control plans, and species of cool season turf lawns. Im taking the pesticides state testing this coming jan for minnesota. But if anyone could offer me any guidance that would be great!!!! Ive been looking at lots of equipment not sold on any yet as far as overseeding, mowing, spraying chemicals, fertilizer spreaders all of it any input on what everyone is using or what they suggested would be great!!!!!!!!!? As far as irrigation how do you guys install them with skid-steers, or backhoes now im talking on exsiting lawns and any input on irrigation systems would be great I'm a big new bee on them? I will have plumbing licesnes to add on to the water mains and installing the right RPZ's so that will be nice. wells thats about it for now hope i can get some input thanks much for everything arik eller

g21
09-20-2009, 10:13 PM
Arik,
When you are ready to start, let me know. ALMA is a great resource for you as we have all the tools and systems you need to buil a successful lawn buiness. In the mean time, I will be have to answer any question you might have. Just send me an email.
Thanks and good luck!
Tommy

ellerarik
09-20-2009, 10:21 PM
Arik,
When you are ready to start, let me know. ALMA is a great resource for you as we have all the tools and systems you need to buil a successful lawn buiness. In the mean time, I will be have to answer any question you might have. Just send me an email.
Thanks and good luck!
Tommy
Posted via Mobile Device

ellerarik
09-20-2009, 10:26 PM
Hey guy who are you and what do you guys offer thanks for the response
Posted via Mobile Device

g21
09-21-2009, 11:54 PM
Wow, sorry for the bad spelling in that last post, that's what happens when you're typing late at night! ALMA is for small to medium sized operators who need help with operational techniques, estimating, administrative, etc. Our members area has many video posts on different topics and we add to them a few times per month. Go to www.almanow.com and download the sample post. I think you will like it.