PDA

View Full Version : fh601v head issue?

bruno_rs
09-15-2009, 09:43 PM
hey all, i've got an older bobcat 52" with a kawi fh601v 19hp. today the mower started running funny... very little power w/blades on. almost felt like it was running on 1 cylinder. i've noticed oil/dirt residue on both cylinders (around the valve covers) and was gonna order valve cover gaskets.

my question is, what would/could cause a loss of power? i noticed smoke coming from the cylinder cover... bad head and/or gasket? the machines hour meter stopped working and i figure she probably has approximately 1500 hours on it.

hoping you experts may be able to point me in the right direction. hope all is well. have a good one.

Restrorob
09-16-2009, 12:06 AM
A few things could be causing your loss of power, But since your going to replace the leaking valve cover gaskets check/adjust the valves while you have the covers off. Least that could be eliminated as a possible cause of power loss.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m314/Restrorob/Kawasaki/FH/ALLFHSeriesValveAdjustment.jpg

bruno_rs
09-16-2009, 12:37 PM
hey resto, thanks for the reply. i'll get back once i get it apart and the covers off. have a good one.