PDA

View Full Version : Slogans

casekey
09-15-2009, 10:02 PM
Im starting a landscape company next year and right now im trying get the name and stuff done. The name of the company is Big and Tall Lawn Services. I need a catchy slogan to go with it for my business cards any ideas? I have thought of one "No job to big No grass to tall". Any other ideas would be great!

Thanks Caleb

jhawk60
09-15-2009, 11:38 PM
No idea on a slogan, but if you are going to print the one you have on anything to be passed out or seen you want to use the word "too" not "to" as in "No job too big..."

casekey
09-15-2009, 11:40 PM
Haha thanks didnt catch that

Bob_n_weave
09-15-2009, 11:50 PM
" No Grass to tall " Be carefull what you ask for :)

casekey
09-15-2009, 11:52 PM
Yeah I thought about that. But it was the best i could come up with

m&mmowing
09-16-2009, 12:10 AM
shop around, get ideas.
You see a slogan you like, rewrite 10-20 times, see what you come up with.
See what works for big companies, and check if there's a rhyme scheme, or if there's a set number of syllables that a lot of them use. syllables, words, expressions, you get the idea.
I'd say it doesn't matter too much, and if you do have one, it needs to be DIFFERENT.
Mcdonald's "we love to see you smile", comes out of a burger place, think about that, it's not, "we have the best burgers in town" it's if you smile, you're happy.
Pep Boys "cars like us, people love us" Now cars cannot like we know that, but if the products they use make your car more dependable, or better looking (cosmetic products) then you will be happy with the product.
Many others, but think about it from that point of view, open your thinking up.
Thank about what your name is saying too. If my lawn is big, he'll do it, if my grass is tall, he'll do it. Hmm, if i have a small lawn I want well taken care of, mebbe i'll pass on him.
Just some random thoughts for you

casekey
09-16-2009, 12:17 AM
Tall part for the grass me and my brother are starting the lawn service and we are both 6'6" hes 300 im 210 so we are big and tall. Thats where the name came from

LouisianaLawnboy
09-16-2009, 01:16 AM
Tall part for the grass me and my brother are starting the lawn service and we are both 6'6" hes 300 im 210 so we are big and tall. Thats where the name came from

Do you plan on running the company forever? Do you think you will hire later on? What if that guy is short and skinny?

casekey
09-16-2009, 01:18 AM
Yeah I plan on going forever. as for the size of the employees who cares there employees

LouisianaLawnboy
09-16-2009, 01:38 AM
Yeah I plan on going forever. as for the size of the employees who cares there employees

It's just that you want to use something that will last forever. You don't want to use something that's "cute" for a small company but will look stupid for a big company.

The first step in attaining is success is planning for it.

blk90s13
09-16-2009, 03:24 AM
" No Grass to tall " Be carefull what you ask for :)

yes I have seen some scary looking lawns :dizzy: