PDA

View Full Version : Seeding with bluebirds...

Corsair
09-15-2009, 10:27 PM
First of all, "Hi!" to all in here and I'm hoping that someone will be able to point me in the right direction! I've taken over the care and maintenance of an established croquet lawn with a myriad of problems but few members and fewer funds so am just plugging on with what we've got!

We have a Bluebird F20B seeder and I've been using this to dethatch the lawns with the power rake but am now at the seeding stage for one lawn which needs it. The question is, how does that little dial-y thing on the seed bin relate to seed delivery? Having laid paddocks with tractor pulled gear, I'm aware that delivery speed is an issue; is that so with this seeder as well?

Any info gratefully received, thanks

John, Gisborne, New Zealand

foreplease
09-15-2009, 11:24 PM
I believe what you have described changes the size of the gate opening where the seed falls through the bottom of the tank. As seed size increases, the opening needs to be larger. Also, a larger opening will allow more seed to fall/pass than a smaller opening.

This seems terribly simple, I hope I have not misunderstood your question. Good luck with your project.

Corsair
09-16-2009, 04:02 AM
Yeah, thanks for that! Don't worry about keeping it simple, my friend, I'm a really simple fella!! There are numbers on the disc that rotates and changes the size of the seed holes and I was wondering if the numbers actually mean anything or if they are arbitrary?

foreplease
09-16-2009, 07:32 AM
That I don't know. Have wondered myself what the scale meant, if anything.