PDA

View Full Version : Exmark stand-on introduced

TomberLawn
09-15-2009, 10:28 PM
I did a quick search to see if anybody had posted this already or not and didn't find anything, so here it is: The Exmark Vantage stand-on mower.

http://equipment.greenindustrypros.com/product/75827/Exmark_Mfg_Co_Inc_Vantage

delphied
09-15-2009, 10:41 PM
Looks like a Grandstand to me.

TMlawncare
09-15-2009, 11:09 PM
48-52" decks are the only choices. For us its worthless. We only use 60," it wouldn't match any of our stripes. Too bad Exmark, I will have to go with Wright.

J&R Landscaping
09-15-2009, 11:12 PM
Ad says Exmark will be unveiling several new mowers at GIE this fall. I wonder what else the have up their sleeves?

Smithco Lawncare
09-15-2009, 11:14 PM
Oh I jumping for joy!! NOT! I will never go with any stand on other than Wright. They have made stand on's for over 10 years and have had time to work out the kinks. They know what works and what doesn't work. Besides, it looks exactly like a Grandstand.

zman2307
09-15-2009, 11:48 PM
Except the eXmark has plastic belt covers and a plastic dischage chute...

mowerbrad
09-15-2009, 11:54 PM
Shocking....this mower looks exactly like the grandstand. Go figure.

Smithco Lawncare
09-16-2009, 12:04 AM
After a closer look it's looks as eXmark has a truly original design here. In no way does it resemble a Grandstand. I applaud eXmark in their creativity and originality. Bravo!
http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad199/asgs91/ToroGrandstand.jpghttp://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad199/asgs91/eXmarkVantage.png

Does anybody see a difference? I didn't think so. Proof that neither of these are made in an eXmark or Toro plant. They are made at some cheapo plant while eXmark and Toro just slap their badges on it. Exactly like the Great Dane Surfer, or should I say the Everride Scorpion, no wait I mean the John Deere SL85A. Wait a second these machines are all EXACTLY the same except for the badges.
http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad199/asgs91/JohnDeereSL85A.jpghttp://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad199/asgs91/GreatDaneSurfer.jpghttp://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad199/asgs91/EverrideScorpion.jpg
There you go people, the truth. All of the machines mentioned are just some generic brand that eXmark, Toro, Everride, and Great Dane just put their name on. If you want to go with a stand on mower, there is absolutely no other option than a Wright Stander. They created the original stand on mower over ten years ago. Over the span of ten years they have had time to work out the kinks and find out what works and what doesn't. Wright's design is far superior to any other stand on mower on the market. Better in speed, size, balance, center of gravity, stability, and maneuverability. Don't be fooled by the imitators. If you are looking into buying a stand on mower I encourage you to demo every brand I have mentioned. You will see that all the other brands are the exact same machine. I can almost guarantee you will go with Wright. Want to know why a Wright Stander is better than any ZTR? www.wrightmfg.com/10reasons

tacoma200
09-16-2009, 12:15 AM
Doesn't the G3 and New Lazer look the same. Except for the decks and a few other things I think they have basically been the same ZTR for several years. I'm just saying that it's basically a GMC vs Chevy truck thing when it comes to Toro Exmark. Wright?

Smithco Lawncare
09-16-2009, 12:20 AM
Doesn't the G3 and New Lazer look the same. Except for the decks and a few other things I think they have basically been the same ZTR for several years. I'm just saying that it's basically a GMC vs Chevy truck thing when it comes to Toro Exmark. Wright?

True, but why the wait? Same mower different badges.

tacoma200
09-16-2009, 12:28 AM

Not sure, I was pretty sure it would be the same thing only the Ultracut instead of the Turbo Force. Maybe cause there's no one in the Exmark factory? I wonder how Wright is doing this year. If I understand correctly they still have some patents that the other companies would love to get a hold of. I'd like to see some pics of KCfiremans striping flaps he made for the Wright out of UPS conveyor belt or something.

02DURAMAX
09-16-2009, 12:32 AM
I bet its junk just like the toro!!!

waste of money!

FastMan
09-16-2009, 12:47 AM
Does anybody see a difference? I didn't think so. Proof that neither of these are made in an eXmark or Toro plant.

Sorry, I don't follow your reasoning. G3 and the Next Lazer are basically the same mower too. That means they're not made in a toro/exmark manufacturing facility either? Danger, Will Robinson, this does not compute.

Smithco Lawncare
09-16-2009, 12:51 AM
Sorry, I don't follow your reasoning. G3 and the Next Lazer are basically the same mower too. That means they're not made in a toro/exmark manufacturing facility either? Danger, Will Robinson, this does not compute.

Im sorry Im ******ed. This post made me mad and reminded me of the surfer scorpion and the deere all being the same. I have never used exmark and briefly used toro. I didnt know that they were the same company. I just posted this and realized im an idiot. But still why all the same mowers with different badges.

MileHigh
09-16-2009, 01:10 AM
can't wait to try it out personally.

FastMan
09-16-2009, 02:24 AM
Im sorry Im ******ed. This post made me mad and reminded me of the surfer scorpion and the deere all being the same. I have never used exmark and briefly used toro. I didnt know that they were the same company. I just posted this and realized im an idiot. But still why all the same mowers with different badges.

Hey, no prob! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I appreciate the feedback you've provided me on your ZK, and your video was very well done and helpful in my quest to select the best mower for my needs.

I did try the Grandstand earlier this year, and was less than impressed. It turned me off from considering a stander. But when I saw your video, and how that ZK was handling the hills, I decided to reconsider. I'm picking up a ZK demo unit tomorrow.

hackitdown
09-16-2009, 07:32 AM
Exactly like the Great Dane Surfer, or should I say the Everride Scorpion, no wait I mean the John Deere SL85A. Wait a second these machines are all EXACTLY the same except for the badges.

You forgot Gravely Pro-Stance. I like my Great Dane Super Surfer, the price was (w)right. I like my Silverado even though it is the same as a Sierra.

Cooter
09-16-2009, 08:34 AM
We all knew it was going to be the same machine just rebadged. Why all the commotion?

MikeKle
09-16-2009, 09:54 AM
The mowers Exmark will be introducing at GIE will mainly be new walkbehinds. They are currrently re-designing the entire WB line.

BigEd
09-16-2009, 10:24 AM
After a closer look it's looks as eXmark has a truly original design here. In no way does it resemble a Grandstand. I applaud eXmark in their creativity and originality. Bravo!
http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad199/asgs91/ToroGrandstand.jpghttp://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad199/asgs91/eXmarkVantage.png

Does anybody see a difference? I didn't think so. Proof that neither of these are made in an eXmark or Toro plant. They are made at some cheapo plant while eXmark and Toro just slap their badges on it. Exactly like the Great Dane Surfer, or should I say the Everride Scorpion, no wait I mean the John Deere SL85A. Wait a second these machines are all EXACTLY the same except for the badges.
http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad199/asgs91/JohnDeereSL85A.jpghttp://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad199/asgs91/GreatDaneSurfer.jpghttp://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad199/asgs91/EverrideScorpion.jpg
There you go people, the truth. All of the machines mentioned are just some generic brand that eXmark, Toro, Everride, and Great Dane just put their name on. If you want to go with a stand on mower, there is absolutely no other option than a Wright Stander. They created the original stand on mower over ten years ago. Over the span of ten years they have had time to work out the kinks and find out what works and what doesn't. Wright's design is far superior to any other stand on mower on the market. Better in speed, size, balance, center of gravity, stability, and maneuverability. Don't be fooled by the imitators. If you are looking into buying a stand on mower I encourage you to demo every brand I have mentioned. You will see that all the other brands are the exact same machine. I can almost guarantee you will go with Wright. Want to know why a Wright Stander is better than any ZTR? www.wrightmfg.com/10reasons

Thats just plain ignorance look at the pictures! There is no way you can say that the everide, great dane, and john deere are the same machine as the exmark and toro. The Exmark and Toro are the same design with there own deck on each. Wright makes a great product and its great that you like your mowers. I have demoed the Wright stander and the cut is decent but no where close to the cut of my two Lazers. Now maybe I can purchase a stand on with a great quality of cut.

mowerbrad
09-16-2009, 11:12 AM

I would agree that the old design of the deere quik traks looked identiacal to the mowers you put up (everride, great dane, lesco) but the newest deere is a little different, different control panel, fuel tanks, floating deck, etc. But it still has the basic design of the others.

BigEd
09-16-2009, 11:22 AM

I made my first post before reading this. Sorry.

EagleGrounds
09-16-2009, 11:24 AM
Both that and the grandstand's look nice. Im giving the grandstands a few years to work out the kinks, then i think im gonna pick one up.

Runner
09-16-2009, 11:51 AM

It's cool that you come right up, and say this. It shows maturity and dignity. "Standing" up and saying this is the "wright" thing to do.:drinkup::laugh:

The mowers Exmark will be introducing at GIE will mainly be new walkbehinds. They are currrently re-designing the entire WB line.
Yeah,...probably phasing out the Ultra-Cut decks.

Thats just plain ignorance look at the pictures! There is no way you can say that the everide, great dane, and john deere are the same machine as the exmark and toro. LOL...Easy misunderstanding. He wasn't meaning that the others were the same as the Exmark. he meant the Exmark and Toro,..and the others (the ones left) were alike.:)

MOHUSTLER
09-16-2009, 11:52 AM
I thought the TORO version was JUNK and this looks like a CHEAPER version of the JUNK toro!!! Bravo Exmark once again you supprise NOBODY!

brucec32
09-16-2009, 12:33 PM

What flavor was the coolaide you drank? : )

FastMan
09-16-2009, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by Smithco Lawncare
It's cool that you come right up, and say this. It shows maturity and dignity. "Standing" up and saying this is the "wright" thing to do.:drinkup::laugh:

You bet, Runner. Shows admirable character.

MOHUSTLER
09-16-2009, 02:01 PM
To add to my hate for exmark, I guarantee that this cheaper version of the Toro will be more expensive then the toro.

silverado212
09-16-2009, 02:54 PM
Chevy/Gmc Ford/Lincoln been doing it for years. You expect each brand to be individualized, but when owned by one company, they see it as easier R&D, Tooling and the like. Not saying it is right or wrong but cost effectiveness comes into play.

rotgg
09-16-2009, 02:59 PM
just what exmark needs another line when they cant even correct the problems with the mowers they are making now

silverado212
09-16-2009, 03:03 PM
Whats the honest truth on Exmark. Record sales year or production shut down w/ mass layoffs. Local dealer looked at me like I was stupid when I asked about Ex's financial woes. Said they had a record sales year.

FastMan
09-16-2009, 03:25 PM
To add to my hate for exmark, I guarantee that this cheaper version of the Toro will be more expensive then the toro.

From what I understand, Toro requires it.

tallimeca
09-16-2009, 06:33 PM
1) This is more of an Exmark bashing thread by the Anti Exmark guys....not very infromative.

2) Exmark doesn't use ultracut decks on walk behinds so I don't see how they would be phasing them out???? They are using the Tri Vantage.

3) The Exmark and Toro Z's are made on the same production line. The Toro Z's have been nothing but cheapened up Lazers with their own Toro decks for years.....not like this is new news. The Toro and Exmark brass sit down and hammer out what is gonna be sold under what. They each have their own engineers and r&d.

4) Like always, I've heard way more good things in the field about the Grandstand, then complaints on here.

5) Considering Toro is the mother company......why is it so surprising that exmark and toro have similar models.......Auburn Consolidated Industries built the Great Dane, the everride, and the john deere units. They built these units for these manufacturers. Then gravely bought them and now they build them for gravely. They also built equipment for new holland and deere and other companies......big deal??? Do some research on electronics companies and see what you find. Kinda like Ford Motor Company making Explorers.....rebadged under the Lincoln line and the Mazda line.......

6) Many of Wright's patents run out in a little over a year from what I understand. Husqvarna is already all over it. Things like this benefit you guys...because there's more competition, which means better prices so who gives a crap about who builds what and what is rebranded. Are you loyal to a brand or making money........

7) Why is it a big deal that manufacturing at any plant shut down...... again, this isn't any big news, happens all the time. Supply and demand. Demand is low, so lower the supply, especially when they will be rolling out new models which won't start being built until dealer's orders come in. I haven't even seen my Exmark program for next year yet, never mind ordering. Husqvarna is the world leader in equipment manufacturing.......you think each of their plants are rolling out product 12 months a year??? Briggs and Stratton laid off a ton of employees earlier this year......they aren't going out of business any time soon. Stop the speculation and the hype. Don't believe everything you read on the internet, especially on Lawn Site.

8) What problems can't Exmark fix with the machines they are building now? The Metro and Viking lines haven't changed in years. The turf tracer lines haven't changed. Those machines have been bullet proof. The lazers are the top selling ZTR on the market, even with the MINOR problems they had with the TRITON deck......the complaints were regional depending on the grass. That happens with any mower. There is always a part of the country where a machine won't cut as well as another. They listened to you guys and built the series 6 decks on the new platform and there have been no issues with the new lazers. There have been some hydro issues, but Exmark don't build the hydros. They buy them from the same vendors that supply them to Wright, and Scag and everyone else........

FastMan
09-16-2009, 06:56 PM
The Toro Z's have been nothing but cheapened up Lazers with their own Toro decks for years

Care to expand on how this applies to the G3 and next lazer? I've demo'd both, and could see nothing that would substantiate that the G3 is "cheapened up". The rigs are virtually identical, outside of the deck.

delphied
09-16-2009, 10:56 PM
[QUOTE=tallimeca;3190346]1) This is more of an Exmark bashing thread by the Anti Exmark guys....not very infromative.

2) Exmark doesn't use ultracut decks on walk behinds so I don't see how they would be phasing them out???? They are using the Tri Vantage.

Turf Tracers use the Ultracut deck and TTHP s have the Trivantage.

tallimeca
09-16-2009, 11:26 PM
Turf Tracers use the Ultracut deck and TTHP s have the Trivantage.

I guess I don't really put the Full Size Turf Tracers in the standard walkbehind class because they don't sell because of the price of them compared to stand on mowers. This new stand on will take alot of sales away from the full size turf tracers for sure.

Care to expand on how this applies to the G3 and next lazer? I've demo'd both, and could see nothing that would substantiate that the G3 is "cheapened up". The rigs are virtually identical, outside of the deck.

It doesn't. I said for years, meaning years past. My point is I don't see what the big surprise is that Toro and Exmark are putting out rebadged products. Until the G3 and Next Gen, Toro's were just Lazers, typically with different tires, different decks, differen't pumps and motors, different seats and differen't engine options and plastic. The frame and design was a Lazer. Toro had a crappey bagging system for years that never worked. Finally the company made a decision to steal the ultravac from the Exmark lineup and rebrand it. Just like Exmark stole the 21's from Toro and rebranded them.

The G3's and Next Gens are built side by side now. Spec wise, most were the same, but i'm not sure if the seats and tires and such are the same specs. No one runs toros around here so we don't see them much, especially this new to the market.

tallimeca
09-16-2009, 11:30 PM
There should be nothing surprising about this. Companies that have several "brands", "rebrand" their products all the time. Hell, drug manufacturers sell their product, and sell the same exact product under a generic name for a tenth of the price. Sometimes they are literally, the SAME EXACT drug. Protonix....... for acid reflux. You buy the generic and it's the same yellow pill and even says Protonix on it...haha.

Now, if Bobcat was selling a Grandstand painted green.........then there would be some hype.

mjealey
09-17-2009, 12:29 AM
The good news is my buddy is a computer nerd and he hacked into exmark's system and was able to obtain confidental information on pricing. These are MSRP, so please keep that in mind.

48" Deck = $13,999
52" Deck = $14,799

The good news is they are offering 6 months same as cash to really bring in the people! Count me in!!!!!!

Bottom line is the new Exmark Grandstands are solid machines, they just aren't as good as the Wright's.

Nobody get their panties in a big wad I am just having fun with the whole price thing.

delphied
09-17-2009, 06:31 AM
[QUOTE=tallimeca;3190954]. This new stand on will take alot of sales away from the full size turf tracers for sure.

I agree. In fact, I woudnt be surprised to see most hydro WB mowers as a thing of the past due to the stand on units. And notice I said hydro.

MOHUSTLER
09-17-2009, 09:38 AM
The good news is my buddy is a computer nerd and he hacked into exmark's system and was able to obtain confidental information on pricing. These are MSRP, so please keep that in mind.

48" Deck = $13,999
52" Deck = $14,799

The good news is they are offering 6 months same as cash to really bring in the people! Count me in!!!!!!

Bottom line is the new Exmark Grandstands are solid machines, they just aren't as good as the Wright's.

Nobody get their panties in a big wad I am just having fun with the whole price thing.

You might not be to far out of line. Exmark does use a gold underlayment on all thier decks and blades with ACTUAUAL diamonds to cut grass!!!!

lilweeds
09-17-2009, 09:42 AM
Oh I jumping for joy!! NOT! I will never go with any stand on other than Wright. They have made stand on's for over 10 years and have had time to work out the kinks. They know what works and what doesn't work. Besides, it looks exactly like a Grandstand.

I've now used both, and the Wrights are garbage compared to the GS.

silverado212
09-17-2009, 09:50 PM
I don't believe everything I hear or read. Was just asking a question about the state of exmark. Not bashing or jumping on the band wagon about exmark. The local dealer is run by a guy that has been good to me. Would hate to see them close their doors. I don't run exmarks, but he has helped me with many parts.

tacoma200
09-17-2009, 10:44 PM
I'm not taking sides because both units seem to have a loyal following. I would wager that the Toro/Exmark would not be able to repeat the preformance of the ZK in Smithco Lawncares video. But if someone wants to make a video of a Grandstand going up, down, across,and coming to a complete stop and start going down that slope I'll be very impressed and will arange a demo.It,s an impressive video.I know Exmark/Toro make good decks so that's a given. Love to see some more high quuality videos of standers/Grandstands.
Posted via Mobile Device

pg250
09-17-2009, 11:18 PM
What I don't understand is how you wouldn't scalp the crap out of a lawn with these things. Rear tire dips into the hole where a water meter cover is and zip; right to the roots. I have zero experiece with these type mowers. Could someone clue me in? I do like my 34" Phazer but I have no anti scalp roller kit on it and always have my foot on the "often used deck lift pedal". It is a scalping machine regardless of what my dealer said about the short wheelbase making scalping "not a problem". Yeah right...

tacoma200
09-17-2009, 11:38 PM
I am a novice with standers but the fixed deck demo I'm using hasn't had any scalping issues. Trying to run along asphault drives and trim over the edge of the elevated pavement isn't as easy. Some trees are easier to trim around but low hanging white pines, spruce, etc with very low limbs are harder. There is enogh deck overhang to trim under these somewhat with a standard ztr.
Posted via Mobile Device

FastMan
09-18-2009, 12:09 AM
I agree. Not being able to foot float the deck is one of the negatives I see in a stander. You can do it on the ZK with an arm lift while standing on the platform, but the deck is a beast, and one handing the controls appears to be a bit of a challenge. Old z's had hand lift decks, and they were easy to use because one handing the control arms is cake.

S man
09-18-2009, 12:32 AM

And same deck that some on here say doesn't cut too well.