PDA

View Full Version : 5th wheel question

SangerLawn
09-15-2009, 11:55 PM
One of my trucks has a 5th wheel ball. I have tried everything I know to take it out without removing all the hook ups. Does anyone know how to take just the ball off? If there is a release where is it hidden? Thought I would ask here before I put a big tool on it and break it lol. If that doesnít work I may need to use a cutting torch :cry::dizzy::hammerhead::confused:

richardb200373
09-17-2009, 01:45 PM
If the ball spins in place, then it should just have a bolt through the bottom of it to hold it in. If it is a home made place, it may be welded, therefore SOL. Best thing to do is get under the truck and take a look at what you are dealing with.

badbart
09-17-2009, 01:53 PM
I am guessing you're talking about a "gooseneck" ball? There are several ways that they are attached. Some flip up/down, some are bolted, others are welded. As Richard said, the best thing to do is crawl under there and have a look.

hondarancher4435
09-17-2009, 08:03 PM
i have helped get some out and they had a lever that came out in one of the rear wheel wells you pulled the lever and pulled the ball out it required two people.