PDA

View Full Version : tr3rake

boba
05-01-2002, 09:06 AM
Has anyone used this for landscape work? If so what size tractor did you use it with?

SCL
05-01-2002, 09:36 AM
I got a video of this thing from a wholesaler who lives in my town. Looks like a neat tool for scarifying and ripping. They claim it will replace a box, pulverizer, and drag. If you're using a pul, you don't need a drag anyway. I'd like to demo one for myself sometime and see. The down fall is you better have a "horse" to pull it. Looks like a 30+ hp 4x4 or a 45 hp 2x4.

boba
05-01-2002, 10:06 AM
I also got the video and the ford tractor is a 2120, which is about a 45hp tractor.

I would like to hear from someone who has used it.

Cheese burger
05-03-2002, 10:21 PM
I looked into buying one last year. Company put me in touch with a local contractor that had one. I went and watched him use it one day. It was awesome. We have teriible rocky clay soil in the Atlanta area also he used it on an area that had been used as a dump for the project (broken curbing, dead plants peices of lumber). In two passes he had the area ready to lay sod , no hand raking required. Draw back (reason I wnt with Harley rake) It didn' do well in small areas, better for wide open spaces. I talked to the guy who invented it he says he still uses the original one every day and doesn't know of any that have ever been worn out.

Dave

parkwest
05-04-2002, 12:24 AM
They have different sizes. We got the smaller one so we could use it in smaller areas. I think its 5'. We pull it with a 21 hp 4x4 new holland.

kbcjlc
05-04-2002, 07:12 AM
I have the videotape and the info. How much did you paid for and what sizes?

Keith

YLC1
05-04-2002, 01:31 PM
I've used a a TR3 Rake for quite a while.They are available in5',6'&7'wide.There is also a guage wheel kit for all three models that allows the operator to set the depth that you want to work or the wheels can be removed to go about 6"to8" deep.The rake is very heavy duty.I don't know of anyone who has bent or damaged one.About the only part that can bend are the scarifying teeth and then you'll have to hit something that is pretty much immovable.If you need more info:www.tr3rake.com)

green with envy
06-10-2002, 03:51 PM
we use the tr3 and it works great in open areas !!

We still use a landscape rake to finish rake and spread topsoil.

The only problem we have with the tr2 is it takes up too much dirt whe ripping and removing vegetation.

Overall we love it and use it daily !!!