PDA

View Full Version : local competition prices

cableguy2
09-16-2009, 08:44 AM
"I'll UnderCUT The Competition!

I'll mow and weedeat your lawn for under $20. (.25 acre or less).

Dont let the stress of an uncut yard get to you. Just because your husband is deployed doesnt mean you cant have a pretty yard too. Let me relieve your stress and take care of that unkempt yard for you. Please give me a call at (910)
Price: $15"

here is there other ad

Red White & Blue Lawn Care!!!

Hey there America! Do o you need your lawn taken care of? Is your significant other deployed and you just dont have the time for your yard? Don't get ripped off by the other half-ass lawn services on this web site. I will do it all, mow, weed eat, edge, and hedge. I can accomodate most yards under half an acre for only $15. Please give me a call at (910), and lets pimp your yard.
Price: $15-35

Found one more of theres. don't know how they make money.

"College Kid Does Mows CHEAPEST

Yea thats right, I'll do it for 9 dollars, and 50 cents. call me at (910)
Price: $9.50"

That is alot of what is here where I am at, an I am sure everywhere else also. It is posted on a local site for people to buy an sell. just thought it was interesting

E.L.Co
09-16-2009, 10:28 AM
lowballers!!! and please everyone save the hippie sympathy comments as it reflects poorly on this industry and makes us all look like jokes to most people

SimonCX
09-16-2009, 10:59 AM
I see it the same way as you elco, thats way people think of the industry as uneducated idoits who cut grass and are alittle above the monkeys in the zoo. Save your comments about they can charge what they want because if you cant see anything wrong with cutting for 9.50 then your probably the same guy who lowballs in your area for beer money.

E.L.Co
09-16-2009, 11:09 AM
I see it the same way as you elco, thats way people think of the industry as uneducated idoits who cut grass and are alittle above the monkeys in the zoo. Save your comments about they can charge what they want because if you cant see anything wrong with cutting for 9.50 then your probably the same guy who lowballs in your area for beer money.

well heck yea! well said these people contribute to the generalization that lawn "companies" are laughable as they couldnt make it anywhere else in life and push mowers.. and alot of people dont care who does it as long as price is low. That makes our competition everyone from 12 year olds to brickman...its a frickin rat race. BE PROFFESIONAL CHARGE PROFFESIONAL OUR ADMIT THAT YOUR JUST A PITIFUL "LAWN BOY"...workin for beer so you can try and forget how pathetic you our. (im a radical opinionated young man, and yes high school debates were fun :laugh:)

MikeKle
09-16-2009, 11:46 AM
Charging 9.50 or even 15., they wont be around too long. However I take offense to the "other lawn care companies" statement about getting ripped off if your paying more than $15. I dont think any of my clients feel ripped off? Not that many people hire the local 12yr. old anymore, they know kids are not reliable and they do not have the proper equipment to do a professional job. The ones that do hire them are only concerned with price and not getting fined by the city. Plus there isnt that many 12yr olds that would even cut grass anymore. kids nowadays expect mommy and daddy to give them everything for free!

Runner
09-16-2009, 11:56 AM
"Let's pimp your yard"??? Yeah,...you can tell THIS comes from a twenty something year old with a seventeen year old mentality!

starry night
09-16-2009, 12:05 PM
"I'll UnderCUT The Competition!

I'll mow and weedeat your lawn for under $20. (.25 acre or less).

Dont let the stress of an uncut yard get to you. Just because your husband is deployed doesnt mean you cant have a pretty yard too. Let me relieve your stress and take care of that unkempt yard for you.

Wow, the guy is goofy but he actually knew the correct usage of the word "unkempt." Most people think it is "unkept." But he has it right.

MOHUSTLER
09-16-2009, 12:05 PM
Not that I dont cuss like a sailor, But id never put ASS in any advertisment. HAHA what do some people think. And yes it make this industry look bad. I had a crew come into my shop last week called Under Cutters lawn care. I about kicked them out of my door. This guy had 2 push mowers straped in the truck of his Mustang. My shop guys got a good kick out of him.

cableguy2
09-16-2009, 12:21 PM
This stuff is everywhere here. I live in a large military town. I do not think my customers think that I overprice either. There are area here that you can actually see a guy riding a mower down the STREET with a weedeater an a 12 pack of beer strapped to the back of the mower.

xjjeepman1
09-16-2009, 12:58 PM
Wow thats crazy-they must finish the lawns pretty fast with their 42inch MTD! haha

WGLandscapeMaintenance
09-16-2009, 01:21 PM
Nothing makes me more angry when people advertise 'WEeD WaCkIn'!!!' or 'WeED EatiN'. Be professional and say trimming so you don't seem like an idiot, I hope I'm not the only one that gets bugged by those two phrases? Last time I checked my trimmer doesnt eat grass, just trims it.

Kutz Lawns
09-16-2009, 06:30 PM
Wow, the guy is goofy but he actually knew the correct usage of the word "unkempt." Most people think it is "unkept." But he has it right.

Yea, he's a real genius!

MikeKle
09-16-2009, 07:03 PM
The worst scrub/lowballer Ive seen was a guy driving around in a older delta 88 hoopty car, early to mid 80s model Im guessing, rusty body with primer spots all over, his trunk was poped open with a craftsman mower sticking out the back and of course the matching trimmer, I didnt see a blower, probably had a broom, but after buying the craftsman mower and trimmer, Im guessing there was no money left for the blower!! Another guy driving a honda accord was pulling a teeny tiny little trailer (Ive never seen one this small). He had 2 push mowers, his trimmer and blower on it, nothing was strapped down so it was all shifting around! You just know these guys are charging $10. or less per yard! I was tempted to follow him just to see who would hire him. These people are funny but they will never be the competition, they last a season or two, thats it, tehn they are on to the next money making venture, window cleaning, house cleaning, driveway sealers, pressure washing, dog poop picker uppers, havent seen any of these lately though!!!

rain man
09-16-2009, 07:27 PM
If you are going to lowball, then at least get your spelling and punctuation right.
The following are obvious errors which do not involve sentence structure:

(.25 acre or less). (.25 acres or less.)
Dont Don’t
Doesnt Doesn’t
Cant Can’t
Yard too yard, too.
here is there other ad Here is their other ad:
Hey there America! Hey there, America!
Lawn taken care of? Preposition at sentence end is incorrect
Dont Don’t
Accomodate Accommodate
lets let’s
theres theirs
don’t know how they make money incomplete sentence
yea thats right yeah, that’s right
9 dollars, and 50 cents 9 dollars and 50 cents
call Call
That is a lot of what is here where I am at ??
An and
Everywhere else also everywhere else, also.
An and
just Just (also incomplete sentence)

The scary thing is that I am terrible at spelling. It's a good thing my wife isn't.

Kutz Lawns
09-16-2009, 07:59 PM
Man, don't ruin it!

The spelling on here is almost as bad as eBay and it's fun reading all the mistakes. Sometimes you have to read the postings a couple of times just to figure out what their trying to say.

I still can't figure out why you guys are worried about what other guys are charging!

starry night
09-16-2009, 08:05 PM
Anyone that would hire one of these guys probably can't spell either.

cableguy2
09-16-2009, 09:11 PM
I am not really worried about there pricing. I just found it interesting. I know I do good job an will get an keep my yards by my reputation. I was just pointing out things around here. There are tons more like that here, as I am they are everywhere else.

johnnybravo8802
09-16-2009, 10:18 PM
I'm starting to see a lot of trucks that do other things like roofing, flooring, etc. that are adding lawn maintenance to their list of things they do. I saw a really beat up truck a couple of months ago where the guy had taken white spray paint and painted "lawn care" on the bed and doors of the truck.:laugh::laugh:This was a real visual.

WGLandscapeMaintenance
09-16-2009, 10:23 PM
I'm starting to see a lot of trucks that do other things like roofing, flooring, etc. that are adding lawn maintenance to their list of things they do. I saw a really beat up truck a couple of months ago where the guy had taken white spray paint and painted "lawn care" on the bed and doors of the truck.:laugh::laugh:This was a real visual.

I saw some lawn jockey with lawn mowing painted on one side of his truck and snow plowing painted on the other. It was an old a*s mid 90's chevy 1/2 ton 2WD piece of SH*T!!!! I couldn't really tell what his trailer had on it but it looked to be ztr's, probly 3000+ hrs. Who seriously hires these jockeys? This was in a nice area of MN, the Lake Minnetonka area, I saw this idiot in Navarre, and I don't think I've seen more LCO's and lawn jockeys compacted into one area like they are in and around the Lake Minnetonka Region, there is a lot of money on the lake but for every 5 houses theres an LCO and for every LCO it seems like theres 3 lawn jockeys.

THSG
09-16-2009, 10:34 PM
hey rain man

Lawn taken care of? Preposition at sentence end is incorrect

in this sentence of isNT used as a preposition.. cya

MikeKle
09-16-2009, 10:53 PM
Spray painting "lawn care" on your trucks doors takes the cake!!!! I wouldve taken a pic of that one and got a laugh every time I looked at it! Really, how much does a vinyl sign cost, You can get one color no frills signs for under $40. even a magnetic sign would be better than spray painting it on!!! Well, when he changes his profession all he will have to do is spray paint the new service over lawn care. I am gonna laugh about this for days, thanks!

dgfitz
09-16-2009, 11:28 PM
There is a guy in this area that used to advertise lowball prices
in the trade and sell magazines, all the other lawn guys hated him.
He quit useing that form of advertisement after he had built his
business to where he is today, one of the largest in the area. Old
worn out bar rock and roller musicians still try and low ball me on
hedge work, but I send them to little Johnny Bravo and let him employ
them.:walking:

S L C
09-16-2009, 11:43 PM
Charging 9.50 or even 15., they wont be around too long. However I take offense to the "other lawn care companies" statement about getting ripped off if your paying more than $15. I dont think any of my clients feel ripped off? Not that many people hire the local 12yr. old anymore, they know kids are not reliable and they do not have the proper equipment to do a professional job. The ones that do hire them are only concerned with price and not getting fined by the city. Plus there isnt that many 12yr olds that would even cut grass anymore. kids nowadays expect mommy and daddy to give them everything for free!

omg......how true that post is!!!! :clapping::clapping::clapping::drinkup:

rain man
09-16-2009, 11:56 PM
The spelling/punctuation was for fun. I'm as bad as any at it and most of the time don't care.

We have been seeing a lot of people with lawn mowers in trunks of late. Every time I see one I wonder just how much worse the economy is going to get.

WGLandscapeMaintenance
09-17-2009, 12:20 AM
The spelling/punctuation was for fun. I'm as bad as any at it and most of the time don't care.

We have been seeing a lot of people with lawn mowers in trunks of late. Every time I see one I wonder just how much worse the economy is going to get.

According to my liberal ass friend that I've known since 6th grade and who-da-thunk we'd go to the same college? Anyway, he is saying how CARS was a good program and it did nothing but false growth, and that the economy is getting better. Something tells me it will be getting worse until obongo is gone.

Knight511
09-18-2009, 10:40 PM
I see it the same way as you elco, thats way people think of the industry as uneducated idoits who cut grass and are alittle above the monkeys in the zoo.

Soooooooo any other monkeys learn about irony while they were in school?

Nothing makes me feel better than to come here and read standing under so many people holding themselves up so high... sorry... but this thread is one of so many circle jerks used to make yourselves feel better. Seriously... go have a beer... or a margarita... and relax a little... :drinkup: