PDA

View Full Version : Scag Tiger Cat Good Deal or Not?

mudbug250
09-16-2009, 10:56 AM
I am in the market (finally) to buy a new mower. I want the Scag Tiger Cat with 19 horse Kawi with 48" deck. The dealers around here are selling them for $6999. One dealer has a demo with less than 50 hours for $6300. This demo will still have the full factory warranty on everything. Is this a good deal for a demo or should I spend the extra $700 bucks on a new mower? Does 50 hours make that much of a difference in price savings? Thanks for your help.

mudbug250
09-17-2009, 03:46 PM
Well....I did it. I am the proud owner of a Scag Tiger Cat. I paid 6741 OTD with an extra set of blades. The mower was not a true demo. The dealer just took it home to cut his own grass once a week since the spring...less than 30 hours. Never loaned it out. Looks brand new. I cut half of my yard this afternoon in like 30 minutes. It cuts like a dream. The grass had not been cut in two weeks and it has been very rainy here. But it cut at full speed the whole time without bogging. Very impressed.

GravelyNut
09-17-2009, 03:57 PM
Demo units can range from <10 to a couple hundred hours depending. Some/most OEMs will knock off money for one and they do carry a full warranty. Normal savings are in the 10% range. Enjoy your new Scag.