View Full Version : Scag Tiger Cat Good Deal or Not?

09-16-2009, 11:56 AM
I am in the market (finally) to buy a new mower. I want the Scag Tiger Cat with 19 horse Kawi with 48" deck. The dealers around here are selling them for $6999. One dealer has a demo with less than 50 hours for $6300. This demo will still have the full factory warranty on everything. Is this a good deal for a demo or should I spend the extra $700 bucks on a new mower? Does 50 hours make that much of a difference in price savings? Thanks for your help.

09-17-2009, 04:46 PM
Well....I did it. I am the proud owner of a Scag Tiger Cat. I paid 6741 OTD with an extra set of blades. The mower was not a true demo. The dealer just took it home to cut his own grass once a week since the spring...less than 30 hours. Never loaned it out. Looks brand new. I cut half of my yard this afternoon in like 30 minutes. It cuts like a dream. The grass had not been cut in two weeks and it has been very rainy here. But it cut at full speed the whole time without bogging. Very impressed.

09-17-2009, 04:57 PM
Demo units can range from <10 to a couple hundred hours depending. Some/most OEMs will knock off money for one and they do carry a full warranty. Normal savings are in the 10% range. Enjoy your new Scag.