PDA

View Full Version : Integral lighting trick i tried

xtreem3d
09-16-2009, 06:38 PM
hi guys,
i'm a lawn/snow site guy but follow this forum too. i am doing the walls and patio at my own home. i am using the integral IL 6s to accent the wall under the caps. i'm using pecan holland stone and there wasn't a close match to any of the integral lights the material house had. after placing some under the caps i realize i didn't like the color or the gloss finish , especially as you come up the steps and can see the lights pretty well. i removed the cover plate, scuffed it up and mixed up some 5 minute epoxy ( cuz i was in a hurry) then i took some of the left over blocks and crushed them down to about sand size (some pieces were bigger but it's o.k) and sprinkled the stone over the wet epoxy. it turned out great. thought maybe it might help someone out,
steve

worx
09-16-2009, 07:11 PM
Got any pics.....?

xtreem3d
09-16-2009, 07:48 PM
i'm trying...my camera is acting up

xtreem3d
09-16-2009, 08:55 PM
something else i'm noticing...the holland blocks are set back each row so i notice i need to pull the integeral light out farther to the front of the cap to get it to light down to the bottom row the way i like
steve

ChampionLS
09-17-2009, 01:05 AM
We carry designer faceplates in both natural metals, and powder coated faux finishes.

Heres an example of the Desert Stone finish.

More can be seen here:

http://www.eveningstarlighting.com/products_wall_lights_faceplates_finishes.htm

xtreem3d
09-17-2009, 07:28 AM
looks nice! mine looks similar to your pic...went to link but no pics show up , only text...is it just me
steve

JoeyD
09-17-2009, 02:35 PM
no, same with me...just verbiage...check it out Anthony....

steveparrott
09-20-2009, 09:33 AM
See the personal msg from me re: your website.

We carry designer faceplates in both natural metals, and powder coated faux finishes.

Heres an example of the Desert Stone finish.

More can be seen here:

http://www.eveningstarlighting.com/products_wall_lights_faceplates_finishes.htm

ChampionLS
11-13-2009, 02:28 AM
Thanks everyone. We have updated our code for the latest release of Internet Explorer 8. There should not be any issues with photos now. We are restructuring some of the pages, and adding new products in the next few days, so some of the site may not look right during this time.

Thank you,

Anthony