PDA

View Full Version : Starting a Lawn Care Service/Business in the Fall

Appaholic11
09-16-2009, 08:15 PM
Besides the obvious of needing equipment I need some information on how to go about starting a business in the fall. I am starting now to build clients and may start some services like leaf removal this fall. Does anybody have any suggestions for me? I am looking for ways to build clients and attract new clients.

I recently lost my job and my uncle is willing to sell me his business and give me his accounts I just need some advice on attracting new clients and where to put advertisments in the winter so I am full up in the spring.

Thanks.

Kennedy Landscaping
09-17-2009, 02:20 AM
I would hit the flyers as hard as you can. Get your name out there as much as you possibly can. Also get some referral bonuses for existing customers to get them talking for you.

Highlandpropmntc
09-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Tough time to start a lawn care business, you may get the clean up part of it, you need to be hitting clients up for snow plowing this time of year then in March start with the lawn accounts. IMO

Appaholic11
09-20-2009, 07:25 PM
great idea except for the fact that is does not rain that much here in North Carolina. I have other means of income at the moment. I just trying to get some leaf removal for the fall for extra income and attract clients for next spring. The spring is my main goal. I want to have a good base of clients and then add some more if I can handle it.