PDA

View Full Version : Funk's Total Lawn Care..A little about me

Funk'sTLC
09-16-2009, 10:46 PM
My last name is Funk so that is where the name comes from..

I worked for the same company as an operations manager for 5 years..I made a good living and was able to have a pretty good savings..

Corporate decided to do a company wide layoff and unfortunately I was on the list..

I had a 2003 GSXR 1000 Race bike that I had built and I have a good friend that owns a Mower Shop...He made the suggestion that I start my own lawn care co..I took him up on his offer and we made a trade..
My bike and some cash for the following

Cub Cadet ZTR 48" Recon 23 kohler- 4ry warranty
Cub Cadet WB 36" Commercial 12.5 Briggs (I know) Belt Drive commercial also 4yr warranty
Shindaiwa Pro Trimmer
Shindaiwa Pro edger
Shindaiwa pro backpack blower
Troy Built hand held blower
Trimmer rack
string, gas cans, oil, 2 stroke oil and extra set of blades for each....

I already had a 16' trailer and a 2007 Chevy Avalanche

I know It is pretty late in the season but I was able to work out a better deal with my friend because of that...

I have enough in savings to get by until next season which is not too bad since I am in Florida......

Let me know what you all think...Thanks

Matt

deckman8887
09-17-2009, 06:25 AM
Wow Funk sounds like you got a good deal on the equip.Has your town gotten any bigger? I used to live there in the early 80s. Good luck.:drinkup:

White Gardens
09-17-2009, 06:45 AM
Is Funk your last name ???

There is a grove around here named Funk's grove and was founded around 1820.

I've never seen the last name Funk out-side this area.

Regardless, good luck to you. Thumbs Up

Funk'sTLC
09-18-2009, 12:29 AM
Wow Funk sounds like you got a good deal on the equip.Has your town gotten any bigger? I used to live there in the early 80s. Good luck.:drinkup:

Well I am only 24 but I have lived here my whole life....Yes Macclenny is much bigger now for sure...there are a ton of subdivisions that have come up and a lot of new businesses...From talking to some local lawn care businesses there is a ton of work in the area...Which I like to hear! I am also thinking of expanding to Oakleaf area in Jacksonville FL as my brother lives there and wants me to take care of his lawn..so I will get some accounts close to him so that its worth my trip.. (40 miles round trip)

I think I did get a pretty good deal...From what I have priced so far the ZTR is roughly ~$6500 and the Walk Behind is roughly ~$2600 plus another ~$2000 in 2 cycle stuff and misc...so around ~$11,000 I didn't have to put out much money either

He also threw in a Shindaiwa pro hand held double side "24 hedge trimmer now I just need one on a pole and I think I am set...

White Gardens yes my last name is Funk...My dad is from Utah.. I have never heard of Funk's Grove but hey they might be relation??

I decided to go with Funk's Total lawn care because most people see the name and then make some kind of "Funky Fresh" or "You got the Funk" joke and it kind of breaks the ice and makes them remember me...So I feel it helps marketing..

THANKS FOR THE WARM WELCOME GUYS!!!

g21
09-20-2009, 09:02 PM
Good Decision! You're going to do great! Please don't hesitate to ask for any help in any area you are struggling with. ALMS's Vice President, Rick Beaver lives in Jax, so we're both very familiar with the area. He's close by if you need him. Good Luck!
Tommy

Funk'sTLC
09-23-2009, 02:55 AM
Thanks for the helping hand Tom!!

I shot you an email about a couple of things I have questions about!

Thanks again!

Matthew Funk