PDA

View Full Version : Hi from NC!

pteknique
09-17-2009, 02:11 AM
My name is Keith Bates.I live in Advance,NC. I'm not really new around here just haven't sat down to tell all of you who I am. I have been running Bates Lawn Care for 3yrs now. Started out doing it part time with a home owner Toro timecutter, hand held blower, old Echo weed eater etc etc etc. Started getting a lot of work so I upgraded to an Toro 52" Z Master. Bought a Echo back pack blower a new Echo weed eater. Then I quite my full time job as a mechanic and focused on Bates Lawn Care full time. Now at the end of my 3rd yr I just bought a brand new Bob-Cat Procat 61" yesterday. I still have all my Echo stuff which runs new. I have 13 res accounts and just picked up a big church contract this week. The end of this year I am starting another business which I will Incorp. and run Bates Lawn Care and Myers Lawn Care under since there already doing well. Myers Lawn Care is a friend and partner of mine. I am looking to expand by adding a lot of other things to offer my customers. Trying to be a one stop shop. If I can help any of you newbies out feel free to yell at me. Here's a few pics that I already have on my computer. Don't have any of my whole rig. The one is of my 52 Toro. Then there's one of a yard I maintain. The last one is of course my new Bob-Cat 61.

RedMaple Lawns
09-17-2009, 04:22 AM
Welcome!

Another North Carolinian! How far are you from Asheville? I haven't heard of Advance. Nice looking equipment, I'm in love with that Bob-Cat! Good luck on the incorporation, how many accounts will you have once you inc.? ... I keep scrolling up to look at that mower, lol, it's real purty.

pteknique
09-17-2009, 11:47 PM
Hey man thanks! Advance is about 10 min west of Winston-Salem off of I-40. About 2hrs from you I'd say. Maybe not even that far. I will have around 35 accounts.
Mowed in the rain all day today with the Bob-Cat and loved it. Didn't leave clumps like I thought it might. I'm really starting to love it as well.

g21
09-20-2009, 10:06 PM
Hey Keith,
Nice pics and congrats on your first commercial. If you need any help with operations, estimating, accounting as you head into more commercial work, don't hesitate to ask. I'll help you with anything I can.
Keep up the good work!
Tommy